Backup Exec 2010 revision 2896 Service Pack 1
This Service Pack contains critical updates for Backup Exec 2010 revision 2896.
Backup Exec 2010 revision 2896 32bit Media Servers
Backup Exec 2010 revision 2896 x64bit Media Servers
Backup Exec 2010 revision 2896 32bit Agent for Windows Servers
Backup Exec 2010 revision 2896 x64bit Agent for Windows Servers
Backup Exec 2010 revision 2896 32bit Remote Administration Console
Backup Exec 2010 revision 2896 x64bit Remote Administration Console
- Administrative privileges are required to install this Service Pack.
- A full backup is recommended after installing this Service Pack.
- The IDR recovery media (the ISO created through the IDR Wizard) needs to be recreated after installing this Service Pack.
- Agent for Windows Servers will need to be updated after installing this Service Pack.
- Restore selections may show the same DataCenter listed twice. Expanding one entry will show restore selections for jobs run prior to installing this hotfix and expanding the other entry will show restore selections for jobs run since the hotfix.
For 32bit Media Servers: www.symantec.com/docs/TECH137640
For x64bit Media Servers: www.symantec.com/docs/TECH137641
Service Pack 1 Release Notes: www.symantec.com/docs/TECH137638
This installation guide contains general information for installing Backup Exec product updates as well as special instructions for configurations including CPS, Remote Agents for Windows Servers, Remote Agent for Linux/Unix/Macintosh Servers (RALUS/RAMS), Clustered Backup Exec, Shared Storage (SSO) installations, Central Admin Servers (CASO) installations, and SAP/R3 Oracle Agents. http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH58186
Uninstalling this service pack
This Service Pack can be uninstalled. For steps on how to uninstall a Backup Exec hotfix, refer to this technote: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH58187
The date and times listed below are in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
Under "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS" (By default)
See Attachment: 355600_32bitRAWS.xls
Backup Exec x64bit Agents for Windows Servers (1)