How to refresh the Virtual Machine cache list in NetBackup 7.0
The Virtual Machines cache list must be updated whenever a new VM is added, or when an existing VM is renamed.
From NetBackup Administration Console:
1) Expand the Policies node.
2) Select the appropriate FlashBackup-Windows policy, then right-click and select Change.
3) Click the Clients tab.
4) Select the Browse and select Virtual Machine radio button. This will read from the existing cache and display a Last Updated time.
5) Click the Refresh icon next to the Last Updated time. This will update the Virtual Machine list.
To refresh the list via command line on a windows based VMware Backup Host:
1) Open a command line.
2) Change the working directory to <install_path>\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\ .
3) Run the following command to refresh the cache for VMware:
bpVMutil.exe 0 1 _NONE_
Or run the following command to refresh the cache for HyperV:
bpVMutil.exe 0 5 _NONE_
To refresh the list via command line on a Linux based VMware Backup Host:
Run the following command:
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpVMutil 0 1 _NONE_