After Microsoft Outlook is opened, there is a 30 second delay when opening Archive Explorer for the first time. All subsequent calls to Archive Explorer in the same Outlook session are successful and open quickly; only the initial connection has the delay.
This issue has been seen in Terminal Services and Citrix environments.
No specific error is displayed to the end user
1. Start Microsoft Outlook
2. Ensure that the Enterprise Vault Client logging is set to Maximum tracing
3. Restart Microsoft Outlook if the logging level in Step 2 was changed
4. Click on either Archive Explorer or Integrated Search
5. Open the Client log and search for this text: pCmdBars->Count
This article applies only if there is a delay after the above line. For example, a 30 second delay would show as follows in the client trace:
06/04/2010 20:40:08.493: pCmdBars->Count = 23
06/04/2010 20:40:38.965: Our control was created
1. Make the user a local administrator of the client
2. Start the Telephony Service
3. Change the Enterprise Vault policy setting Launch Archive Explorer or Search behavior to Separate Browser
(Any one of the above workarounds should be sufficient to resolve the issue. It is not necessary to implement more than one.)