Backup Exec 2010 or Remote Agent install or upgrade fails with error "ERROR: Installation failed with error 1603. GetLastError = :0"
ERROR: Installation failed with error 1603. GetLastError = :0
Backup Exec installation logs gives the following error: (Figure 1).
Installation log file "bkupinst.htm" path:
- Windows Server 2003: <Installation Drive>:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Backup Exec\Logs
- Windows Server 2008: <Installation Drive>:\ProgramData\Symantec\Backup Exec\Logs
- Open Task Manager
- Click on the Processes tab & check the box "Show processes from all users"
- Locate msiexec.exe, and click on the process name. There may be more than one.
- Click on the End Process button for each & respond Yes to the Task Manager Warning message popup.
- Rerun the installation.
Method 2 (In case the windows remote agent installation is failing) :
- Copy the RAWS32\RAWSX64 folder from the install folder of the full version of Backup Exec to the remote server that needs the Remote Agent installed . \PROGRAM FILES\SYMANTEC\Backup Exec\Agents from Media Server.
- On the remote server, open the RAWS32/RAWS64 folder and run the Setupaa.cmd/Setupaax64.cmd file and complete the installation.