Automate master database restore may fail or hang if a large number of databases exist in a SQL Server instance.
V-79-57344-33938 - Database Query Failure. See the job log for details.
This issue can occur when a SQL Server instance has 1000 databases, but not limited to.
This issue can occur in the following scenario.
1. To perform Automate master database restore, Backup Exec stops the SQL Server instance and starts it in Single user mode again.
2. The SQL Server instance takes a long time to start all databases in Single user mode.
3. Backup Exec waits a little and logs on to the instance successfully. However, the instance is not in stable condition to start all databases.
4. Backup Exec performs a restore SQL command and then the restore command fails immediately or hangs up for one hour.
Start the SQL Server instance in Single user mode and resubmit the restore operation as given below:
1. Manually restart the SQL Server instance in Single user mode.
2. Wait until all databases are started up and the instance is in stable condition.
3. Modify the SQL properties of the restore job as follows:
4. Run the restore job