Backup of an Exchange 2010 stand-alone server or an Exchange 2010 DAG fails with the error "0xe0000380 - Backup Exec attempted to back up an Exchange database according to the job settings. The database was not found in the Database Availability Group (DAG)."
"0xe0000380 - Backup Exec attempted to back up an Exchange database according to the job settings. The database was not found in the Database Availability Group (DAG). Update the selection list and run the job again."
This failure may occur if any or all of the below are true:
1. The Backup Exec Remote Agent Service on the Exchange Server(s) and Backup Exec Server is NOT using the Local System Account (LSA) as the logon account.
2. The Backup Exec Logon Account being used to access the Exchange server does not have the required permissions assigned to it.(see Related Documents Section below)
3. The remote Exchange Agent is not being published to the media server
4. The Trust Relationship has not been established between the media server and the Exchange server(s)
1. From the Service panel on the Exchange Server(s) and Backup Exec Server, right-click on the "Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems" service and select "Properties".
2. Select the "Log On" tab and change the logon method from the "named account" to "Local System Account".
3. Restart all Backup Exec services
1. Grant all required permissions to the Backup Exec account used to backup Exchange. (see Related Documents Section below)
1. On all Exchange servers, select "Start | All Programs | Symantec Backup Exec | Backup exec 2010/2012 Remote Agent Utility"
2. Select the "Publishing" tab
3. If the "Enable the Remote Agent to publish information to the media severs in the list" is either blank or is showing incorrect information, select "Change Settings"
4. Select the "Publishing" tab and enter the correct information for the media server the Exchange server(s) should publishing to
5. Select "OK"
1. On the Media Server open the "Backup Exec Windows Servers Administration Console".
2. Select the "Job Setup" tab.
3. Open a new "Backup Selection List".
4. Go to "Domains | Microsoft Windows Network | Domain Name" in the selection list.
6. Locate the Exchange server(s).
7. Right-click on the Exchange server(s) and select "Establish Trust Relationship".
Exchange 2010 with or without DAG configured.