An alert appears on the Tape drive with the following message
"Warning - The tape drive is due for a routine cleaning"
- Wait for the current operation to complete, if any jobs are running to the drive.
- Perform cleaning on the tape drive.
- If it is a standalone tape drive internal/external simply insert the cleaning tape into the drive and it will eject the cleaning tape automatically after cleaning because backup exec does not show cleaning job operation in the console for standalone tape drives.
- If it is a robotic library then make sure cleaning tape is in the slot which is marked as cleaning slot.
- Right click on the Tape drive and left click on Clean and then click on Run Now. This will use the cleaning media from the cleaning slot and a cleaning job will appear into the job monitor.