How to push install the Remote Agent for Windows Servers (RAWS) from the Backup Exec Media Server Console
2. Click on the Drop Down Menu under Add
Choose Add a Single Server (If only one server for Remote Agent Installation)
The Box Save the server list for future remote installation sessions enables the names of all the remote computers and their credentials to be added automatically the next time Backup Exec or options need to be installed to these remote computers.Choose Add Multiple Servers with the Same Settings (To select Multiple Servers for Remote Agent Installation)
3. From the Select the Remote Product under Choose the Product to Install: Select Remote Agent for Windows Systems
4. When selecting Add a Single Server, under Choose Remote Server enter the Remote Server Name and Remote Install Credentials, type the user name and password of the account that has administrative rights on Server
When selecting ADD Multiple Servers with the Same Settings then Under Choose Remote Server Enter the Remote Server Name and click Add to List to add Multiple Servers and then enter Remote Install Credentials, type the user name and password of the account that has administrative rights on Servers.
5. Select the Remote Agent for Windows System from this Screen to install Remote Agent. If Advanced Open file is to be installed select Advanced Open File Option(AOFO), installation of AOFO will require a reboot (Not applicable for Windows 2008 Server). Under Destination Folder Enter the path where the Remote agent for Windows Systems files will be Installed, the default path is C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\ RAWS
6. Check the Option Enable the Remote Agent to publish the IP address and name of the remote computers and the version of the Remote Agent to the media servers Under Specify names or IP address of media servers click on ADD and add the name of the Media Server
7. Click on Next when the Screen shows Ready to Install the remote Agent for Windows Systems.
8. Click on Install on the Screen Click install to begin the installation.