Install of a Backup Exec Hotfix or Service Pack with LiveUpdate or a manual install fails and the SQL Instance Service cannot be restarted when running under the Local System Account.
LU1812: A program that was part of this update failed when it ran.
LU1806: LiveUpdate was not able to install any of the [number] updates that you selected
v-225-136 the patch failed to install
v-225-204 could not start the sql server SERVERNAME\bkupexec with the instance name mssql$bkupexec
v-225-212 unable to connect to the sql server
Some environments have had this error where SQL needs to run as a regular User Account ID and not Local System Account (LSA). During the update, the SQL service will attempt to change from LSA to a User ID but will still be stopped from the change.
- Set the SQL service to logon as an Admin Account.
- Go to Start | Run | Services.msc
- Right click on the service | select properties | log on tab | Configure the valid account
- Make sure the service will start.
- Then start the Backup Exec services and try to run the update again.