ProblemInstallation of the VERITAS COMMANDCENTRAL ENTERPRISE REPORTER (CCER) 5.1 HOT FIX requires an updated install script for use when VERITAS STORAGE FOUNDATION 5.1 FOR WINDOWS (SFW) is installed on the target Management Server (MS)
Error MessageER 5.1 HF installer could not found VRTSperl installed
Solution*** README FOR MODIFIED PERL SCRIPT (ERHF_LocalUpgrade.pl) ***
*** FOR VERITAS COMMANDCENTRAL ENTERPRISE REPORTER 5.1 HOT FIX ***
*** WHEN USED WITH VERITAS STORAGE FOUNDATION 5.1 FOR WINDOWS ***
Errors/Problems Fixed: [HF installation bails out saying "ER 5.1 HF installer could not found VRTSperl installed" (e1925969)]
Required Base Product Version
The required base product version for this modified perl script (ERHF_LocalUpgrade.pl) is:
* Enterprise Reporter 5.1 Hot Fix with Storage Foundation 5.1 for Windows
If you are not using the Enterprise Reporter 5.1 Hot Fix with Storage Foundation 5.1 for Windows, you do not need this modified perl script.
The included files are:
*ERHF_LocalUpgrade_340226.zip containing ERHF_LocalUpgrade.pl
Instructions for Copying the Modified ERHF_LocalUpgrade.pl Script
You must copy the modified ERHF_LocalUpgrade.pl script to the server where the
Enterprise Reporter 5.1 Hot Fix is located before you deploy the hot fix.
To copy the modified ERHF_LocalUpgrade.pl script:
1. If you have not already done so, extract the CommandCentral Enterprise Reporter 5.1 Hot Fix.
2. Download the ERHF_LocalUpgrade_340226.zip containing modified ERHF_LocalUpgrade.pl script and save it to the server
where Enterpriser Reporter 5.1 is installed.
Note: If you are using Internet Explorer, right click the ERHF_LocalUpgrade_340226.zip
link and select "Save Target As..." to save the script.
If you are using FireFox, right click the ERHF_LocalUpgrade_340226.zip link and
select "Save Link As..." to save the script.
2. Copy ERHF_LocalUpgrade_340226.zip to C:\Temp>. and extract ERHF_LocalUpgrade.pl
3. Go to the CCERHF directory, which is located with the Enterprise Reporter 5.1
Hot Fix that you previously extracted.
4. Make a backup copy of ERHF_LocalUpgrade.pl and name it ERHF_LocalUpgrade.pl.bk.
5. Go to the C:\Temp directory.
6. Copy the ERHF_LocalUpgrade.pl in the C:\Temp directory to the CCERHF directory.
7. Deploy the Enterprise Reporter 5.1 Hot Fix as usual which will now call the modified perl script saved using the procedure above.