- Exchange Information Store for Exchange 2010 is not visible in the Backup Selections.
- Exchange 2010 backup fails with either the error "0xe0000380 - Backup Exec attempted to back up an Exchange database according to the job settings. The database was not found in the Database Availability Group".
0xe0000380 - Backup Exec attempted to back up an Exchange database according to the job settings. The database was not found in the Database Availability Group.
The beremote debug log on the Exchange server reports the following error:
 GetStorageGroups returned e000038a ->
 E2007 GetStorageGroups failed with hr = 0xe000038a for machine = NULL
 AddESE_DLEs( )
For the backup failure, the beremote debug log on the Exchange server reports the following errors:
 [FSYS:ESE07] Add Exchange 2010 DLEs ... Standalone Exchange 2010 Server <server name>
 GetExtendedDatabaseStatus returned e000038a -> 0
 E2007 GetExtendedDatabaseStatus("ServerX") failed ... 0xe000038a.
The Backup Exec Logon Account being used to access the Exchange server does not have the required permissions assigned to it.
- Ensure that the Backup Exec logon account being used to access the Exchange server is part of the Local Administrators group on the Exchange 2010 server.
- Ensure that the Backup Exec logon account is a member of the "Organization Management" Role Group in Exchange 2010. To confirm the same please follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Exchange "Role Based Access Control (RBAC) User Editor" (Figure 1 and Figure 2)
- Add the Backup Exec LOGON account to the group (if missing) and click "OK" and then "Save". (Figure 3)
- Verify the Backup Exec LOGON account is now a member of the group. (Figure 4)
- Log out of the Exchange "Role Based Access Control (RBAC) User Editor."
- Rerun the backup job.
Microsoft Exchange 2010