ProblemArray Support Library for Compellent Storage Center Arrays (Active/Active) on Veritas Volume Manager (tm) 5.0 and later for HPUX 11iv3.
SolutionThis TechFile provides information about the Array Support Library (ASL) for Compellent Storage Center Arrays(Active/Active) on Veritas Volume Manager 5.0 and later for HPUX 11iv3.
For general information about ASLs, see TechNote 249446 (link in the Related Documents section of this TechFile)
Package Name: VRTSCompellent
Package Description: Compellent Array Support Library
Package Version: 1.0
Supported versions of Veritas Volume Manager: 5.0 and later
Supported Arrays: Compellent Storage Center
Supported Mode: A/A (Active/Active)
1. Create a directory to download the ASL package
# cd /tmp/asl
2. At the bottom of this TechFile, click on Download Now to download the ASL package
3. After downloading VRTScompellent_asl_5.0-1.0_HPUX11iv3.tar_345352.gz, verify the checksum of the file
3127943827 375606 VRTScompellent_asl_5.0-1.0_HPUX11iv3.tar_345352.gz
4. Uncompress the file and extract the ASL package
# tar -xvf VRTScompellent_asl_5.0-1.0_HPUX11iv3.tar_345352
5. Before adding the ASL package, ensure Veritas Volume Manager is installed and enabled
6. Install the ASL package
7. After the packages are installed, you must execute the vxdctl enable command to claim the disk array
Note: In some cases, it has been reported that the installation of the ASL does
not take effect, and vxdctl enable does not claim the enclosure and devices
In such cases, you can execute the vxconfigd -k command in
addition to vxdctl enable.
8. After executing the vxdctl enable, verify the output of the vxddladm listsupport command
PID Compellent Vol
9. Check ASL version
LIB_NAME ASL_VERSION Min. VXVM version
libvxcompellent.sl vm-5.0-rev-1 5.0
ASL package information:
# Contacting target "rx7640h1"...
# Target: rx7640h1:/
# VRTScompellent 1.0 Array Support Library for Compellent
VRTScompellent.ASL_FILES 1.0 Array Support Library for Compellent