How to disable volume alert warnings showing 'At Risk' for drives not part of a backup policy within Backup Exec System Recovery Management Solution (BESR-MS) or Symantec System Recovery Management Solution (SSR-MS).
In Backup Exec System Recovery Management Solution (BESR-MS) or Symantec System Recovery Management Solution (SSR-MS), perform the following steps:
- Manage Tasks | Configuration Policies | Volume Alert
- Check that Default Volume Alert Configuration Policy enable option is OFF (Note: This can be edited and used, if desired)
- Right click in the white space and choose Create
- The Policy Name is the name of the specific client that has drives the backup policy is NOT backing up. These drives appear At Risk in the console.
- Click Apply.
- Right-mouse click on the policy created in step 4 and choose Edit..
- Under the Applied to heading bar, click on the line that begins Windows Computers With...
- Click on the red X to delete
- Click Apply to and choose Computers
- On the next window, click Add rule
- Choose the following values:
-- exclude computers's not in
-- computer list
-- <Type name of computer from earlier step>
- Click Update results
- Click OK
- At the top under the heading Drives, select By Drive. Check the drive(s) you do not want reporting and\or the system does not have.
- Select the radial option No Status Reporting. Change the Policy option from Off (red) to On (green).
- Click Save Changes
- Manually run update on the client system's Altiris agent, or wait for it to update automatically (typically about an hour).