Use this list to find patch downloads, guides, and the most common troubleshooting articles for NetBackup appliances.
NetBackup Appliance Software Issues
- NetBackup Appliance 2.5.1 Patch (for NetBackup 5200 and 5220)
- NetBackup PureDisk Appliance 184.108.40.206 Patch (for NetBackup 5000 and 5020)
- List of Patch Downloads for NetBackup Appliances (5000, 5020, 5200, 5220)
- NetBackup Appliance 2.5 Patch (for NetBackup 5200 and 5220)
- Links to the NetBackup 5200/5220 Appliance Documentation
- Links to NetBackup 5000/5020 Appliance Documentation
- Troubleshoot the CallHome feature on Symantec Appliances
- CallHome uploads fail with "Error: Token mismatch Please contact Symantec Support to resolve this issue."
- NetBackup deduplication disk pool/disk volume intermittently goes to a DOWN state. Backups/duplications can fail with status 213 no storage units is available and 2074.
- How to reclaim deduplication storage space manually (PureDisk Storage Pool and NetBackup Media Server Deduplication Pool)
- Image duplication fails from PureDisk pool after upgrading to NetBackup 7.5
- Naming convention for disks, sub-disks and understanding volumes layout for different versions of NetBackup and PureDisk appliances as presented in vxprint output
Other Common Software Issues for NetBackup Appliances
- The NetBackup 5220 Appliance DataCollect.sh output shows "Adapter 1: Get BBU Status Failed."
- A firmware update is available for NetBackup 5000, 5020, and 5200 Appliances which resolves an issue where the failure of a single disk could cause a cascading failure on multiple (good) drives.
- NetBackup Appliance v2.0.1 installation and configuration fails after March 10, 2012, due to a permanent license not having been applied.
- Interpretation of some of the fields of vxprint output from NetBackup and PureDisk appliances
- NetBackup Catalog Backup DR file is not emailed when master server is installed on 52x0 appliances
- Which ports of NetBackup 5220 appliances should be configured in target mode
NetBackup Appliance Hardware Issues