If additional Storage space is added to one or more Content Routers (CR) in a Storage Pool (which alters the percentage of Storage held on each CR) it is neccessary to update the Storage Size and then execute Content Router Re-Routing to rebalance the distribution of stored data. The Administration Guide covers how to do this when adding a new CR to the Storage Pool but not when adding additional storage to an existing CR.
- Perform the neccessary OS steps to extend the /Storage/data location.
- In the PureDisk GUI click Settings > Topology
- In the left pane, select the storage pool
- Expand the storage pool until the PureDiskWebUI displays the content router on which you have extended the storage location
- Highlight the Content Router component in the left pane and update the "Storage Size (GB)" field in the right pane and click Save.
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 for any additional Content Routers where the size of the storage location has changed
- Highlight the Content Router component on one of the Content Routers (does not matter which) int he left pane and then click Deactivate Content Router in the right pane.
- Immediately after that In the right pane, click Activate Content Router. You will be asked if you want to reroute now or later - select Yes,reroute now.
- The Re-Routing workflow will now execute either in Serial or Parallel mode (depends on the available space on the CR - parallel will be quicker)
For details on the Re-Routing process see Chapter 9 of the PureDisk 6.6 Administrators Guide which covers Re-Routing when adding a new Content Router.