Readme documents contain important information about full product releases and service packs. Readmes contain information that may not be in the Administrator's Guide or Aministrator's Guide Addendums. If information in readme conflicts with the Administrator's Guide, assume that the information in the readme file is correct. Below is a summary of the types of information that the readme contains:
- What's new
- Features or requirements no longer supported by Backup Exec
- Where to find more information
- Backup Exec installation notes
- Hardware and driver notes
- General Backup Exec notes
- Backup notes
- Restore notes
- Cluster-aware Backup Exec notes
- Notes on Backup Exec Agents and Options
- Intelligent Disaster Recovery (IDR) notes
- Backup Exec Utility (BEutility.exe) notes
Make sure that you refer to the readme associated with the Service Pack you are running. Readmes contain important Service Pack-related information.
Documentation updates for Backup Exec 2010 R3 are included in the Backup Exec Administrator's Guide Addendum.