Server Settings Migration Wizard fails if Windows User Account Control(UAC) is enabled on Windows 2012 R2 Server
EV Server Settings Migration wizard, throws error "The Server Settings Migration Wizard is not running as the Vault Service Account (VSA) and Windows User Account Control(UAC) is enabled"
UAC is enabled on the Enterprise Vault Server
- Select Start > Control Panel
- Click System Security
- Under Action Center, choose Change User Account Control settings
- Move the slider bar down to the Never notify selection and click OK
- Reboot the machine for changes to take effect
If Method 1 doesn't fix the issue then proceed to Method 2
- Right-click at the bottom of the Windows Server 2012 Start screen, select All apps and click Run.
regeditand click OK. The Registry Editor window opens.
- Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > policies > system.
- Right-click EnableLUA, and then select Modify.
- In Value data, enter 0 and then click OK. The following message displays:
You must restart your computer to turn off User Account Control Click to restart this computer
- Click Restart now to reboot the machine and make the changes effective.
Warning: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry be made prior to making any registry changes
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):