How to configure cloud storage units on pre-8.2 NetBackup media servers using an 8.2 or newer version Master server
The upgrade to NetBackup 8.2 deprecates the use of nbcssc daemon/service on NetBackup servers.
For use-cases where Cloud or CloudCatalyst storage servers needs to be configured on a pre-8.2 media server and version 8.2 or later Master Server, the following steps need to be completed.
On the master server:
Step 1 - Run the following command to check if port 5637 is being used by the legacy cloud service:
netstat -tupln | grep 5637
- Step 1a - If port 5637 is being used, skip step 2 and jump to step 3.
- Step 1b - If port 5637 is not being used, run the following command to enable the legacy cloud service:
Step 2 - Run the following commands to restart NetBackup Web Management Console
Step 3 - Use step 3a for NetBackup Appliances, OR step 3b for BYO (Build Your Own) Linux Cloud configurations
- Step 3a - For NetBackup CloudCatalyst Appliance, follow the steps in the topic "Performing the initial configuration on a NetBackup 5240 CloudCatalyst Appliance" in the Veritas NetBackup™ 52xx Appliance Initial Configuration Guide.
- Step 3b - For new BYO Linux CloudCatalyst deployments, Veritas recommends deploying NetBackup v8.2 or later media server software and then use the "Configure Cloud Storage" wizard from the Java GUI.
Note: Pre-8.2 CloudCatalyst Servers with v8.2 or later Master Servers can only be configured using the command-line. See Related Articles for additional guidance. If configuring a pre-8.2 CC server in a 8.2 or later domain is unavoidable, then this step can be completed on the NetBackup Master Server.
Run the following command to provision hostname-based certificate to the media server:
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpnbaz -ProvisionCert <media_server>
Restart services on the CloudCatalyst media server.
Step 4 - Use step 4a for NetBackup Appliances, OR step 4b for BYO (Build Your Own) Linux Cloud configurations
- Step 4a - For NetBackup Appliances, the CloudCatalyst Appliances can be provisioned using the CLISH (command line shell interface) with the steps in the Appliance Initial Configuration Guide. When prompted for a password, provide the password defined in Step 3a to retrieve the hostname-based certificate.
- Step 4b - See the Related Articles for information on how to configure pre-8.2 CloudCatalyst using the command line instructions.
Once all NetBackup media servers with cloud-based storage servers are upgraded to 8.2 or later versions, the following command can be utilized to remove the legacy cloud service.
Restart the NetBackup Web Management Console using the commands specified in Step 2 above.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):