Enterprise Vault for Exchange: Unable to manually store in vault from Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-In
It is not possible to manually archive (Store | Store selected items or Store | Store selected folder) from Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-In.
The operation fails with the error message:
You do not have permission to store items in the Vault that is used for this folder
The Enterprise Vault client log contains the following:
01/01/2019 12:43:34.960[H]: StoreInVaultDlgLogic::Initialize: Default Archive ID (1B8461A0BF54ED94686F1CD804B8D84431110000evserver) not found in list of accessible archives returned from DesktopClientSettings.aspx
01/01/2019 12:42:45.093[M]: The EV property page change button will not be displayed because the user cannot access the target archive
The Enterprise Vault Mailbox Archiving task works normally; archived items can be retrieved or restored without any errors.
The same issue does not occur if in the Desktop policy (Policies | Exchange | Desktop | Advanced the Outlook Add-in behaviour is set to 'Light'
The aforementioned occurs if the ASP.NET Impersonation is Disabled for the EnterpriseVault virtual directory
The code to execute the manual archiving uses HTTP requests, if the ASP.NET Impersonation is disabled it is executed under the identity of the related application pool (EnterpriseVaultAppPool) which runs by default with 'LocalSystem'.
The manual archiving from the client is therefore executed under LocalSystem account and the identity "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" queries the accessible vaults returning 0 archives and the error 'You do not have permission to store items in the Vault that is used for this folder'
1. Stop all Enterprise Vault services by stopping the Enterprise Vault Admin service
2. open Internet Information Services (IIS) manager, open Site | Default Web Site | EnterpriseVault
3. from the right pane select 'Authentication', notice the ASP.NET Impersonation is Disabled
4. right click on ASP.NET Impersonation and click Enable
5. close Internet Information Services (IIS) manager
6. restart the 'World Wide Web Publishing Service' from Services
7. start Enterprise Vault Services
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):