Please enter search query. Search <product_name> all support & community content...
Last Published: 2019-05-17
Ratings: 0 0
Product(s): Resiliency Platform & CloudMobility
The following is the list of known limitations when using VRP in a VMWare environment:
- Datastore name should not contain colon character (:) in its name if you want to protect Virtual Machines which are configured on that datastore.
- VMware fault tolerant virtual machines feature is not supported.
- 32-bit operating systems are not supported.
- The NetApp SnapMirror replication technology is supported with Async mode only.
- Only non-shared RDM is supported for HPE 3PAR Remote Copy.
- The HPE 3PAR Remote Copy replication technology is supported only in periodic mode with the mirror_config policy.
- IBM XIV Command Line Interface (XCLI) utility version 4.6 on a Linux system is not supported.
- VPLEX storage is not supported for EMC RecoverPoint.
- Only continuous remote replication (CRR) is supported for EMC RecoverPoint. Continuous data protection (CDP) and concurrent local and remote (CLR) replication are not supported.
- Combination of storage from multiple array technologies is not supported.
- Combination of replicated and non-replicated storage to virtual machines is not supported.
- Raw device mapping (RDM) mapped replicated LUNs are not supported for virtual machine disaster recovery. (NOTE: It is supported for EMC Recoverpoint only)
- Each resiliency group consisting of virtual machines must map to only one ESXi cluster.
- For Virtual Machines which reside on datastore cluster. There should be empty(having no member datastores) “Datastore cluster” at target site. VRP needs one empty datastore cluster at target site for each Resiliency Group with Virtual Machines which reside on datastore cluster(effectively one empty datastore cluster at target site per RG).
- All the virtual machines should be in a single datastore on the source datacenter.
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):