Veritas System Recovery service failed to start. The system cannot find the file specified. Applying VSR 18 Service Pack 1 patch or Service Pack 2 when VSR 18 is installed in the different path from default install path.
Log Name: System
Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7000
Task Category: None
The Veritas System Recovery service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.
1. Open File Explorer, and find your install path for Veritas System Recovery 18. There is a file "Fixinstall.bat" in the install path. (See Figure 2)
2. Open "Command Prompt (Admin)", and move the directory to your install path.
If the install path is "D:\vsr18", run the following commands.
3. Run "fixinstall.bat .".
NOTE. There is a dot (.) behind "fixinstall.bat".
4. Wait until the command completes.
5. Run the following commands, and close the command prompt window.
6. Open Service manager, and double-click "Veritas System Recovery".
7. Select "Automatic" in Startup type, press "Apply", and press "Start".
After workaround, VSR service starts successfully and you can backup, restore and use all features.
Veritas has acknowledged that the above-mentioned issue is present in the current version(s) of the product(s) mentioned at the end of this article.
This issue is currently under investigation by Veritas. Pending the outcome of the investigation, this issue may be resolved by way of a patch or hotfix in current or future revisions of the software. However, this particular issue is not currently scheduled for any release. If you feel this issue has a direct business impact for you and your continued use of the product, please contact your Veritas Sales representative or the Veritas Sales group to discuss these concerns. For information on how to contact Veritas Sales, please see http://www.veritas.com Please be sure to refer back to this document periodically as any changes to the status of the issue will be reflected here.
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):