A VxFS issue may cause silent data corruption on NetBackup appliances with the following software versions:
This article contains the following EEBs:
These EEBs fix the following issue:
Using the writev() call with a VxFS filesystem results in null data being written to the file, which can cause silent data corruption.
No error messages appear when silent data corruption occurs.
This is a known VxFS issue. For more information, refer to the following article: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000122719
The attached EEBs resolve this issue for all of the above listed software versions. To resolve this issue, the Veritas Storage Foundation team has published a hotfix that is included in these EEBs. The hotfix is applied when you complete the EEB installation.
Note: This issue is fixed in appliance software versions 3.1 and later.
You must reboot the appliance after the EEB installation has completed (see step 8).
Install the EEB as follows:
- Log in to the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu.
- Go to the Manage > Software view and run the following command:
- On the host where you downloaded the EEB, mount the following share location: /inst/patch/incoming
- Copy the EEB to the mounted share location.
- Return to the appliance shell menu, go to the Manage > Software view, then run the following command: Share Close
- Run the following command to verify that the EEB was downloaded to the appliance:
Manage > Software > List Downloaded
- Run the following command to install the downloaded EEB file (the version 3.0 EEB file name is used as an example):
- Reboot the appliance after the EEB installation has completed.
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):