Please enter search query. Search <product_name> all support & community content...
Last Published: 2017-05-17
Ratings: 3 0
Product(s): Backup Exec, eDiscovery Platform, Enterprise Vault, System Recovery
DescriptionVeritas Quick Assist Viewer (VQA Viewer) is an application which works in conjunction with Veritas Quick Assist (VQA). VQA Viewer presents the data collected by VQA in an easy to understand and readable format. VQA Viewer performs analytics on the data and creates multiple general views and many customizable views for different Veritas products which can be used to quickly troubleshoot issues.
- How to use VQA Viewer
- Menu Options
- VQA Viewer is a windows application.
- .Net Framework 4 or later is required
- Download the VQA Viewer installer.
- Double Click the QuickAssistViewer.msi file or Right click on QuickAssistViewer.msi file and select Install.
- Users will be presented with the Welcome Screen. Click Next
- Select I Agree and click Next
- Select the folder to install VQA Viewer or leave the default location and click Next
- The installer gives information that VQA Viewer will be installed, Click Next
- The installer will start installing the package.
- Once the installation is finished, click close. VQA viewer is installed.
- Once the VQA scan completes and the user has saved the .vdbz file on hard drive,
- Double Click on the .vdbz file, or launch VQA Viewer, which will then ask you to select the .vdbz file.
- After the .vdbz file is loaded, you will see a similar look and feel like VQA.
- Users can access the same information in VQA Viewer’s Home, Report and Information Tabs as is shown in VQA after the scan is finished.
- Viewer Tab is an extra tab which is available only in VQA Viewer.
- All - Lists all files collected by VQA and provides options to export the files.
- All - Provides Windows Explorer like functionality to navigate under folder from where the file has been collected by VQA.
- Missing/inaccessible - Provides a list of all the files which are either not present on the system or are not collected by VQA.
- Permissions - Displays the permissions of the folders available. The data in this node is only available if it’s required.
- All - Users can navigate to all the Registry data collected by VQA.
- Missing/inaccessible - This node displays all the registry data which is either not present or not collected by VQA.
- Permissions: This node displays the permissions on the Registry. This data is available, when it is required.
- Veritas - This node will display all the views created for supported Veritas products. All products have different views according to the data collected.
- Users can Search and apply filters in views which are Grid based.
- Users can right click on any view and select an option to export the data within the view.
- Users have the ability to export node data directly in .csv format or in a .zip file.
- Open report - Allows the user to open a .vdbz file which was previously created by VQA.
- Various Language Options - Changes the VQA Viewer language to a language of the user's choice
- Copy - Allows the user to copy view, depending upon its format.
- Start Side by Side Comparison - Allows users to do side by side comparison with two instances of VQA Viewer.
- All raw logs and files - Allows users to export all logs and files collected by VQA to a folder in Windows
- Various Options - Allows users to export data. Available export options depend on which view is selected.
- Third-Party Attributions - Provides information about third party components used by VQA Viewer
- About - Provides version and path information about VQA Viewer and the database it is currently viewing
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):