V-79-0-34009 / V-79-57344-34009 - Backup job fails with Error: 0xa00084d9 - There was an error processing the on tape catalogs
V-79-0-34009 or V-79-57344-34009 "There was an error processing the on tape catalogs" (0xa00084d9 HEX or 0xe00084d9 HEX) is reported when a backup job fails.
Final Error Code: 0xa00084d9 HEX (0xa00084d9 HEX) or 0xe00084d9 HEX (0xe00084d9 HEX) or 0x84d9
Final Error Category: Resource Errors or Other Errors
Error Text In Job Log: "Append operations cannot be performed on this storage media." or "For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-0-34009"
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xa00084d9 - There was an error processing the on tape catalogs
Final error category: Backup Media Errors
Error Text In Job Log: Not enough free disk space for temporary catalog files.
- The Catalogs folder does not have enough free space to store the Backup Exec temporary catalog files. The current location of the Backup Exec catalog files can be viewed by going to the Tools | Options | Catalog menu in Backup Exec.
- The Backup Exec Service Account (BESA) does not have adequate permissions to write to the Catalogs folder. This will happen when the top level parent folder has its security changed and replicated down to the Catalogs folder which restricts the BESA from writing the temporary catalog files.
To resolve this issue perform one of the following steps listed below:
- Move the Backup Exec catalogs files to a drive that has more free space.
- Check if the catalog location exists in the Windows directory.
- If it does not exist change the catalog directory from Backup Exec. (Open Backup Exec - Go to Tools - Options - Catalog)
- Free up space on the drive where the catalog files are currently located.
- Modify the security restrictions on the Catalogs folder to include the BESA with Full Control.
- Setup an exclusion in the antivirus software that is installed on the Media Server ( Server in which Backup Exec is installed ) so that the Backup Exec directory / files will not be scanned
- Install the latest Backup Exec device drivers from www.veritas.com/docs/HOWTO22788 .
Related Knowledge Base Articles
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):