On the Backup and Restore tab, by selecting a backup method that targets a disk-based storage device type, and then on the Storage tab on the Backup Options page, it changes the storage default to a tape, and the backup set is incorrectly assigned to a media set called Internal Disk Images.
Backup/Test job failing with No media online error. Tape drive failure.
The Internal Disk Images media set does not allow overwrite or append jobs. You must re-associate the tape media from the Internal Disk Images media set to another media set that has the correct overwrite protection period.
- Use the Backup Exec Management Command Line Interface (BEMCLI) to move the media to another media set. For information on how to use BEMCLI, view the help file named BEMCLI, located in Backup Exec's default installation location:
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec
- To open BEMCLI, do one of the following:
- On the computer on which Backup Exec is installed, on the taskbar, click
Start > All Programs > Veritas Backup Exec > Backup Exec Management Command Line Interface.
- On the computer on which Backup Exec is installed, launch PowerShell, and then type
- To move all of the media from Internal Disk Images media set to another media set, type the following command:
BEMCLI> Get-BEMedia | Move-BEMediaToMediaSet -MediaSet (Get-BEMediaSet " name-of-target-media-set")
Where name-of-target-media-set is the media set to which you want to move the media.
Then, you can move all media to one media set, or you can move media to multiple media sets.
- To move all of the media from Internal Disk Images media set to multiple media sets, type the following command for each media that you want to move to a different media set:
BEMCLI> Get-BEMedia “ media name such as LTO00001”| Move-BEMediaToMediaSet -MediaSet (Get-BEMediaSet " name-of-target-media-set")
Where media name such as LTO00001 is the name of the media that you want to move and name-of-target-media-set is the media set to which you want to move the media.
- The next time a backup job is created, select the backup menu item that correctly identifies the intended storage device. If you decide to change the storage device, cancel the job. Then, create a new job that specifies the storage device to use.
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):