This document explains the different types of files that can be restored using the Granular Restore Option(GRO) in Symantec System Recovery.
The Granular Restore Option (GRO) is an administrative tool that works with Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery to provide granular retrieve capabilities for the following applications:
Microsoft Exchange 2003, 2007 and 2010
- Exchange Mailboxes: An Exchange Mailbox is saved on the disk as a *.pst file.
- Individual messages: You can save individual messages in a *.msg file on the disk, or you can forward them directly to a user.
Microsoft Share Point® 2003 and 2007
- Share Point documents; documents are restored to the local system.
- Use Microsoft Share Point to place the document back on the Share Point server if desired.
- GRO does not currently support server farms. The Sharepoint server needs to be on the same system on which the database(s) reside for GRO to work.
NOTE: With the release of SP5 (11.1.5) of Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2, granular restore of SharePoint items is no longer supported.
File and folder data
- Unstructured files and folders: Different versions of Files and Folders in a recovery point set / independent recovery point.
- GRO Does not currently support recovery of public folders.
- GRO does not automatically import the content to Microsoft Share Point® or Exchange.
- GRO only restore the specific USER items listed above, attendant / administrative items are not restored; meta data properties may not be recovered of retrieved items.
- GRO does not recover Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes or Folder Lists items from Microsoft Exchange 2003, 2007 and 2010 data stores.