Automated file backup and recovery for Windows and Mac
With more business-critical information residing outside data centers or off corporate servers, protection for desktops and laptops has become a necessity for every organization. Veritas Desktop and Laptop Option is an easy-to-use, scalable solution with customizable components and secure backup for data stored on desktops or laptops.
- Choose from flexible deployment architecture options based on organizational size and requirements
- Get centralized, automated management for dozens to thousands of desktops and laptops
- Run continuous, non-intrusive backups of computer files connected to the corporate or public network or offline
Choose from flexible deployment options
Match the architecture to your organization’s size and requirements
- Distribute components to suit the needs of your environment
- Get remote install agents for desktops and laptops
- Gain built-in security with integrated encryption features and data privacy configurations
Centralize and automate backup and recovery
Manage tasks across your entire organization
- Generate detailed reports on the backup status of all desktops and laptops
- Get a real-time graphical visualization of your entire environment via the dashboard
- Automate routine activities and delegate administrative tasks as needed
Run continuous, non-intrusive backups
Stay secure when you’re connected to corporate or public networks or offline
- Automatically detect an available network for seamless backups using the agent
- Instantly access backed-up data with mobile applications for ioS and Android platforms
- Easily access and download backed-up files via a web browser
New in Desktop and Laptop Option 9.0
Automated reports and file protection, endpoint migration, and more
Veritas Desktop and Laptop Option 9.0 enhancements include automated protection for desktop and laptop files with accelerated backup, an endpoint migration utility to help migrate user data from one machine to another, and automated reports that administrators can receive as email attachments.
- Accelerate backups and add an option for administrators to set priority backup scenarios
- Use the intuitive endpoint migration utility on the client side to migrate data from one machine to another
- Auto-generate reports and send them as email attachments to ensure detailed monitoring of the endpoint backup environment
- Submit multiple restore jobs simultaneously and receive the restore summary as a report
- Boost server scalability by supporting more endpoints with a single DLO server and consolidating existing servers
Secure data without accessing the corporate network
Now you can protect the data of users outside the corporate network through the Backup Over Internet capability of Veritas Desktop and Laptop Option.
- Run VPN-less backups for corporate users
- Automatically select the right network for seamless backups
- Protect the data of users both inside and outside the corporate network
Empower users to migrate data from one machine to another
With Veritas Desktop and Laptop Option, administrators can enable users to easily migrate their data from one machine to another.
- Use the intuitive endpoint migration utility on the client side for effortless data migrations
- Migrate files that haven’t been backed up
- Provision self-service migrations with an easy-to-use utility
Desktop and Laptop Option Resources
Looking for more information? See our library of data sheets, white papers or videos.
Desktop and Laptop Option Requirements
Trying to decide if this product fits your needs? Read system requirement details before installation.
Reasons to Upgrade
See what’s new in the latest version of Desktop and Laptop Option.