- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows 7 Ultimate
- Windows 7 Enterprise
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 8 Professional
- Windows 8 Enterprise
- Windows 8.1
- Virtual platforms (for converted recovery points):
- VMware vSphere 4.0, 4.1, 5.0, 5.1 and 5.5
- Microsoft Hyper-V 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0
- Citrix XenServer 5.0, 5.5, 5.6 FP1, 6.0, 6.1, and 6.2
- Veritas System Recovery Agent: 1 GB
- Veritas System Recovery user interface and Recovery Point Browser: 1 GB
- Veritas System Recovery Disk: 1.5 GB minimum (dedicated)
- LightsOut Restore: 1.5 GB
- Available Hard Disk Space
- The following are hard disk space requirements for Veritas System Recovery and other areas:
- When you install the entire product: Up to 2 GB is required for a full install, depending on the language of the product you select.
- Recovery points: Sufficient hard disk space on a local hard disk or network server for storing recovery points. The size of recovery points depends on the amount of data you have backed up and the type of recovery point that is stored.
- LightsOut Restore: 2 GB
The drive can be any speed, but it must be capable of being used as the startup drive from the BIOS.
Veritas System Recovery uses Gear Software technology. To verify that your DVD writer is compatible, visit the Gear Software Web site.
You can look up information about your writer if you know the name of the manufacturer and model number of your writer.
The following Microsoft .Net Framework versions are required for installing and using Veritas System Recovery:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2: Required to run the Veritas System Recovery installation program.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 and 4.5: Required to run and use Veritas System Recovery.
If the required .NET Framework versions are not already installed, the Veritas System Recovery installation program automatically installs them on your computer.
Veritas System Recovery Management Solution 2013 R2
Veritas System Recovery 2013 R2 Management Solution supports up to 10,000+ installations of Veritas System Recovery for each installation of the solution. However, network performance varies greatly among organizations. The total number of supported installations of Veritas System Recovery may be more or less for your network. Network performance should be monitored to ensure that installations of Veritas System Recovery are not extended beyond the capacity and capability of your network.
The computer on which you install and use Veritas System Recovery 2013 R2 Management Solution must meet the following minimum system requirements.
Minimum system requirements for 64-bit operating systems
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.0 GHz or faster (32 bit), Dual Processor Dual Core with 2.53 GHz or faster (64-bit). Note: An Intel Itanium 2 processor is required for Windows Server 2008 R2 for Itanium-Based Systems.
- RAM: 4 GB or more
- Available disk space: 20 GB or more
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, Enterprise Edition, or Standard Edition with service pack 1.
- Database: Express, Standard, and Enterprise editions of the following are supported:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 SP4 only
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 SP2 onwards
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Note: Veritas recommends that you install Microsoft SQL Server and Veritas System Recovery 2013 R2 Management Solution on separate computers to avoid computer performance issues.
Software: The following must be installed on the computer on which you want to install Veritas
System Recovery 2013 R2 Management Solution:
- Microsoft Silverlight 3.0 or later
- Veritas Installation Manager 7.5
- Veritas Management Platform 7.5 HF 6
Note 1: Installation of Veritas System Recovery 2013 R2 Management Solution is not supported on encrypted file systems.
Note 2: Veritas System Recovery 2013 R2 Management Solution does not support Veritas Management Platform 7.5 SP1
Internet access: High speed Internet access is recommended at the computer where you install Veritas System Recovery 2013 R2 Management Solution.
Veritas also recommends that you familiarize yourself with the Veritas Management Platform by reviewing the "Veritas Management Platform Installation Guide."