NetBackup for Virtual Environments
Designed with VMware, for VMware.
Automated protection and optimized recovery for virtual machines
Whether you're managing hundreds or hundreds of thousands of virtual machines, NetBackup data protection delivers agentless backup, instant access to your VMs and reliable granular data recovery across physical, virtual and cloud that scales with your VMware environment.
Give control to your VMware admins
- Role-based access control (RBAC) for secure self-service
- Agentless architecture reduces complexity and consumption
- Granular Recovery Technology optimizes recovery from individual files and folders to VMs and VMDKs
- Native plugins for VMware vCenter, vRealize Orchestration, vRealize Automation and Service Now plugin
Get to your data fast with Instant Access and Granular Recovery Technology
- Instantly access up to 50 vSphere VMs simultaneously
- Instantly recover VMs by booting from backup disk storage and provide access to apps while migrating them to primary storage
- Find and restore single files or folders without mounting and browsing the full VM
- Restore VM objects from agentless backups and hardware snapshots
Scale from 100s to 100,000s of VMs with consistent performance
- Resource limits minimize the load per ESXi host and balance backups across hosts
- Snapshot integration across storage arrays and clouds—separately or using multiple transport methods
- Transport Modes offer four ways to back up VM data
What's new in NetBackup 8.2
Using older versions?
See what you may be missing.
Looking for more information? See our library of data sheets, white papers or videos.