Choosing an Appliance
Choosing between a virtual and physical appliance for a remote office
Remote offices can range from an unattended server in the back room of a retail store to the branch office of an enterprise that supports hundreds of users. Each presents a unique set of challenges for a data management system.
Small Remote Offices
Small remote offices struggle to protect their data without a dedicated technical staff and IT resources. The data management system must be easy to install, maintain remotely, and efficiently transfer data to a central office for long-term retention. The NetBackup Virtual Appliance for Remote Offices is an ideal solution to meet these needs:
- Combined master and media server
- Fits into existing VMware virtual environments
- Maximum capacity 2 TB
- Features deduplication to minimize storage and transfer bandwidth requirements
- Optimal for locations with limited space
Large or Midsize Remote Offices
Large or midsize remote offices often need a data management system that can scale easily and support users with demanding applications such as Oracle databases. A compact configuration of the NetBackup 5240 Appliance offers the best performance and scalability to meet these needs:
- Master and/or media server
- Compact configuration with 4 TB, 14 TB, or 27 TB of storage
- Scales to 201 TB with additional storage shelves
- Features optimized deduplication
- Simplifies database backup with NetBackup Copilot for Oracle
NetBackup Appliances Resources
Looking for more information? See our library of data sheets, white papers, podcasts or videos.
NetBackup Appliances Requirements
Trying to decide if this product fits your needs? Read system requirement details before installation.
Why Veritas NetBackup Appliances
Learn how NetBackup Appliances enable efficient, storage-optimized data protection for the data center, remote offices, and virtual environments.