Modern data protection for the Hadoop Open Source Framework
67% reduction in secondary storage costs.
NetBackup with Parallel Streaming framework delivers a modern data protection approach. Unlike our competitors, Veritas is the only vendor with an architecture that is specifically designed to protect next-generation, large scale-out, multi-node workloads for Hadoop environments.
- Simple download of Hadoop agentless, on-demand plugin.
- No new licensing SKU required.
- Easy configure and install on all backup hosts needed.
- Reduce risk with recovery of point-in-time historical data.
- Ensure regulatory compliance for data analytics retention and archival.
“After consolidating our entire global data protection including VMware on NetBackup, we routinely hit 99.9% backup success rates.”
- Patrick McDonagh, Sr. IT Infrastructure Manager, Boston Scientific
New in NetBackup 8.2
- Faster backup to the cloud through NetBackup CloudCatalyst.
- Archive to the cloud with support for AWS Glacier and Deep Archive and MS Azure Archive.
- Orchestrate disaster recovery (DR) into AWS.
- Enable granular file recovery and protection of VMs with agentless everywhere for VMware.
- Expanded support for Big Data, Hyperconverged and Open Source workloads, including OpenStack and RedHat KVM.
- Simplified user experience with automation and integration of NetBackup with third-party applications and platforms including vRealize, ServiceNow and more.
- Improve security, compliance and governance with role-based access and storage, an external certificate authority, a two-factor authentication process and proactive smart metering licensing models.
The biggest brands choose Veritas.
Questions about which solutions are right for your organization? Need help locating an authorized reseller? We can help.