"When it comes to using AWS or Azure cloud storage, Backup Exec provides native connections that are just as easy to set up and manage as local storage. Because Backup Exec uses a native connection, the only cost is what AWS or Azure charges for their storage, which can be $.01/MB/Month or even lower for the least expensive storage."Jonathan Klein, Managing Partner, The Topline Strategy Group, Inc
Backup Exec for Microsoft Azure
Unified data protection for cloud-ready organizations
Be confident in your journey to Azure
With data continuing to proliferate at an astounding rate, organizations are looking to the cloud for help addressing the costs, risks, and practices that prevent simple, secure, and sustainable data storage. Backup Exec supports your journey to the cloud. Public cloud connectors for Azure storage services let you write data directly to specific geos. Support for key hardware gateways accelerates your IT team’s agility with on-premises and hybrid options. Get business resilience with Azure infrastructure in-the-cloud and from-the-cloud data protection.
- Gain data visibility across all your data: virtual, physical, and cloud
- Optimize cloud storage costs while reducing data risks through greater visibility
- Simplify workload migration to and from Azure
- Leverage Azure as a disaster recovery target
- Unify data protection for on-premises and Azure-based workloads
Move data easily to Azure
Use inexpensive cloud storage to eliminate tape reliance
- Optimize storage efficiency and ensure data compliance
- Balance storage costs and performance by using Azure for tiered data storage
- Mitigate regulatory risks by intelligently moving the right data to Azure at the right time
- Simplify your infrastructure with hybrid cloud storage solutions
Protect workloads in Azure
Confidently protect data in both new and legacy workloads
- Easily implement data protection for new and legacy workloads
- Migrate mission-critical applications to Azure to increase resilience and performance
- Extend data protection capabilities to all workloads: on-premises, virtual, and physical
- Ensure application and storage high availability across Azure geos and regions Sitemap
Unify your data protection infrastructure
Gain complete visibility and control over all your backups
- Reduce data loss risk with a single management interface across physical, virtual, and cloud
- Decrease reliance on point backup tools
- Easily implement world-class backup in a cloud infrastructure
Get Backup Exec on the Azure Marketplace
Simplify your cloud data protection implementation with easy deployment from the Azure Marketplace
Backup Exec is available today on the Azure Marketplace for rapid deployment of new backup nodes.
- Incredibly easy to deploy, maintain and operate Backup Exec servers to protect Azure workloads
- Retain your backup workflows while deploying critical applications in Azure
- Know where all your data is: virtual, physical, and cloud data are visible through one interface
- Choose from standard license models available through Veritas resellers
- Use in-the-cloud data deduplication to optimize storage costs
Designed for your Azure infrastructure
Extend your data protection strategy with cloud storage
Extend your proven Backup Exec backup and recovery and move archived or infrequently accessed data off-site to cost-effective Azure storage for long-term retention or disaster recovery while keeping local copies on-site for fast recovery of critical systems.
- Stage data to hot or cool storage tiers according to defined lifecycle policies
- Pre-defined template policies for writing backup data directly to cloud or disk-to-cloud
- Write all source data - virtual, physical, or from another cloud - to Azure
- Shrink cloud storage requirements and cut network use with intelligent deduplication and built-in compression
- Ensure data compliance via full support for Azure Government
Backup that supports your cloud strategy
Leverage the same policies, processes, and interfaces to manage your cloud data
Use the same policies, processes, and interfaces to manage your cloud data. With the latest release of Backup Exec, you can now use a preconfigured, customizable cloud deployment of Backup Exec in minutes.
- Run Backup Exec in the cloud to protect applications running on Azure infrastructure
- Reduce cloud availability risk by replicating backup data sets to your on-premises infrastructure
- Optimize costs with hot and cool storage support
Smart data lifecycle policies and unlimited back-end storage in an easy-to-use hybrid combination
Our hybrid approach offers flexibility and control to run your critical systems together with massively scalable cloud storage solution.
Backup Exec supports Microsoft StorSimple, NetApp AltaVault, and Datish Systems to ensure maximum cloud use and minimum administration overhead for any size organization or business.
- Easily migrate data to Azure blob storage with Backup Exec data lifecycle policies that seamlessly integrate with StorSimple, NetApp AltaVault, and Datish Systems
- Use optimized local storage for critical backup data to ensure ready access for quick restores when needed
- Automatically provides offsite cloud storage for disaster recovery
- Provide visibility and control across your hybrid cloud environment
- Reduced Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) by cloud economics
Protection all of your data, no matter where it lives
Extend a trusted data protection platform to Azure to complement native cloud data durability
By using Backup Exec in the cloud as well as in on-prem and remote offices, you gain a unified, efficient data protection experience. Doing so also results in a much lower total cost of ownership (TCO) and dramatically simplified operation, advantages siloed and disparate point products simply can’t provide.
- Unify data protection across all locations for lower TCO, optimal management control, and risk mitigation
- Protect cloud, physical, and virtual environments with a single platform
- Complement Azure data durability with industry-leading data protection solution
- Multi-cloud compatibility
Building trust in the Cloud
Safely extend your infrastructure into the cloud while controlling data access. Match on-premises security levels for cloud-based data and workloads.
Implementation of a security strategy for your company’s backups plays a vital role in safeguarding the integrity and availability of your data. Be confident of complete data security with seamless and secure integration with Azure
- Integrated 128/256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) industrial-strength encryption
- Ensure complete data security with data encrypted in transit and at rest
- Data transfer over Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) connection between Backup Exec and Azure
- Choose location of workload and data to ensure compliance with business or regulatory requirements
- FIPS 140-2 standard compliant
"Today, our strengthened partnership delivers deeper integration and increased flexibility as customers incorporate Microsoft cloud services and look to extract greater value from their data."Scott Guthrie, Executive Vice President of Cloud and Enterprise, Microsoft
“Our backups complete with near 100% reliability and restores are consistently successful with zero fuss. It just works.”Brandon Mosak, IT Director, Task Force Tips Inc.
"For companies with mixed infrastructures that include virtual, cloud and physical resources, Backup Exec provides a more integrated experience than Veeam, making it easier, faster and less expensive to use."Jonathan Klein, Managing Partner, The Topline Strategy Group, Inc
Backup Exec Resources
Looking for more information? See our library of data sheets, white papers or videos.
Backup Exec Requirements
Trying to decide if this product fits your needs? Read system requirement details before installation.
Backup Exec Agents and Options
Wondering how agents can help? Learn how agents can optimize for application or database workloads.
Why Backup Exec?
See how Backup Exec compares to the competition.