“The most obvious benefit of ApplicationHA over vSphere HA is that it can recognize and resolve issues at the application level. We have found vSphere HA a good choice for protecting the physical virtualization layer of a datacenter, however vSphere HA does not have the ability to go deeper in order to monitor applications and remediate against their failures.”Taneja Group Technology Analysts, April 2015
High availability for your apps across virtual environments.
Highly available virtual applications
Virtualize business applications with confidence
Minimizing downtime for application failures within virtual machines (VMs) is a constant challenge for every organization. ApplicationHA addresses this challenge by providing high availability for business-critical applications through application visibility and control across virtual environments.
- Ensure application availability
- Exploit virtualization
- Reduce complexity
Virtualize with confidence
Gain visibility and control of applications inside VMs
- Take a proactive uptime approach by monitoring applications inside VMs
- Restart applications and VMs as the first level of recovery procedures
- Failover applications to a healthy VM in case of operating system corruption
Maximize application uptime
Get instant application health status and remediation
- Use event-based monitoring via our Intelligent Monitoring Framework for instant state change notifications
- Trigger remediation actions based on state change notifications
- Reduce CPU use compared to traditional, poll-based monitoring
Availability without trade-offs
Improve availability without compromising on advanced virtualization capabilities
- Get full compatibility with VMware, Hyper-V, and Oracle VM virtualization capabilities
- Use hypervisor and virtualization tools while monitoring and protecting applications
- Move VMs without the risk of application downtime
Keep VMware virtualized applications up and running
ApplicationHA provides visibility into applications running inside VMware VMs to ensure high availability. You can monitor applications directly from vCenter (VMware only) or using Veritas InfoScale Operations Manager.
ApplicationHA supports the following VMware versions:
- vSphere Client 5.0 Update 1 a/b, 5.1, and 5.5
- vCenter Server 5.0 Update 1 a/b, 5.1, and 5.5
- VMware ESXi Server 5.0 Patch 4, 5.1, and 5.5
Provide a stronger heartbeat for Hyper-V
ApplicationHA monitors Hyper-V applications in a start/stop mode on a single VM and adds a level (VM restart) of recovery to that provided by Microsoft Failover Cluster. ApplicationHA monitors application components and conveys their status to the Hyper-V host as a heartbeat.
ApplicationHA supports the following Windows host platforms in Hyper-V environments:
- Windows® Server 2012
- Windows® Server 2012 R2
Virtualize SAP HANA without downtime
ApplicationHA ensures safe virtualization of SAP HANA and dramatically improves application availability. You can easily manage SAP HANA-based, multitier, heterogeneous IT applications through Virtual Business Services, a capability offered through ApplicationHA and Veritas InfoScale Operations Manager.
ApplicationHA supports the following SAP HANA versions:
- SAP HANA 1.0 SPS08 or higher
Gain insight into business continuity status
Now you can get real-time awareness about your continuity readiness and the current status of your environment via a universal dashboard showing the recovery status of all your sites, clouds, and systems under contract. You’ll also be able to check if RTO and RPO targets are aligned to your workload criticality and required compliance.
- Easily check protected virtual machines and business services including data movement and recovery operations status via a single dashboard
- Track the real-time status of your entire environment
- Get a summary view of continuity readiness and risks
Access optional continuity plan services
As a continuity customer, you can take advantage of additional advisory, transformation, and management services. Options include continuity plan services such as status reviews. Or allow us to create, validate, audit, and run lifecycle management of the continuity plan for your business.
- Assess continuity risks, align continuity plans to business needs, and prepare for managed recovery service onboarding with our advisory services
- Assist with required environment changes and continuity plans or deploy a cloud-based continuity service with our transformation services
- Manage the cloud-based continuity service and recovery operations with our management services