“After consolidating our entire global data protection including VMware on NetBackup, we routinely hit 99.9% backup success rates.”- Patrick McDonagh, Sr. IT Infrastructure Manager, Boston Scientific
NetBackup: #1 in Enterprise Backup Solutions
Enterprise data backup and recovery optimized for the multi-cloud.
New in NetBackup 8.1.2
Introducing a simple, web-based user interface with optimized workflows.
- Secure, role-based administration with access control and audit tracking.
- Agentless point-and-click restores of files on virtual machines.
- Orchestrate snapshots of cloud workloads in AWS, Microsoft and Google.
- Automate provisioning and ticket creation with extensive REST API libraries.
- Faster upgrades with automatic client updates and more Appliance options.
- Real-time usage and consumption reporting through Smart Meter.
See how simple NetBackup can be for a Backup or Security Administrator.
Unified data protection for cloud, virtual, physical and modern workloads.
Data is growing rapidly and becoming more fragmented across clouds, virtual environments, and ever-changing application platforms. Unified data protection is the only way your IT organization can deliver required service levels while limiting cost and risk—whether data resides on-premises or in the cloud.
- Eliminate the complexity of point solutions and infrastructure management.
- Scale gracefully to mitigate spiraling storage costs and expand into the cloud.
- Protect the most challenging big data and hyperconverged environments.
- Simplify administrative tasks for any user, down to a few clicks.
- Deliver as-a-service to streamline operations and improve service levels.
Scale out protection for scale out workloads
Modern protection for Big Data, Hyperconverged, and Open Source
Next-generation workloads fuel the digital enterprise. They generate massive amounts of data leaving traditional data protection behind. New NetBackup Parallel Streaming delivers a modern, parallel streaming architecture to protect the most demanding scale-out, multi-node workloads with on-demand, plugin simplicity.
- Fast backup and recovery with agentless architecture
- Protect hundreds of data nodes with petabyte-scale
- Rapid plugin development accelerates new workload adoption
- Dynamically scale performance to meet the demands of modern scale-out workloads
- Support for Nutanix, Hadoop, MySQL, MariaDB, PostgresSQL, SQLite and more on the way
Automated, scalable, multi-cloud integration
Lights out protection for VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Nutanix AHV
NetBackup integrates with leading hypervisors to provide real protection for all your virtual environments, including VMware®, Microsoft Hyper-V®, and Nutanix AHV. Backups occur without agents at the image level, and the complete contents of the VM are visible and indexed to provide visibility for granular restore and data management.
- Protect and recover VMware Cloud Foundation and Nutanix Enterprise Cloud.
- Automated intelligence to discover and protect your virtual infrastructure.
- Accelerate performance up to 100x with incremental forever backups.
- Instantly recover multiple VMs from backup storage when time matters.
- Convenient, self-service backup and restore for VM admins.
Protect data to, from, and within clouds
Protection and performance via a single platform
NetBackup lets organizations realize the value of the cloud in protecting information. Designed specifically for the diverse challenges of the enterprise, NetBackup protects data wherever it lives—on-premises in data centers and remote sites or off-premises in the cloud—and can store that data on disk, tape, or the cloud.
- Easily incorporate cloud storage into your backup strategy
- Enhance the performance of backups and restores using cloud storage
- Fast, efficient dedupe to cloud storage with NetBackup Cloud Catalyst
- Protect cloud data and workloads within the cloud
- Choose from the largest selection of fully-tested cloud service providers
“Our organization is heavily virtualized like many others, and I absolutely love the simplicity, power, and speed of how NetBackup protects my virtual machines.”– Joe Donahue, Principle Systems Administrator, IDEXX
“After successfully deploying the Veritas NetBackup cloud backup solution, we are assured that our data is safe, and we are no longer hampered by data loss.”–LiangJun Zhou, IT Director, Shanghai Tajima Tool CO., LTD.
“One of the key reasons we switched to NetBackup is that Veritas development cycles are about twice as fast as at our previous backup vendor.”– Richard Morris, Solution Line Manager, Colt Technology
Looking for more information? See our library of data sheets, white papers or videos.
Review NetBackup compatibility information.
Why Veritas NetBackup
NetBackup is the trusted choice for enterprises.
What’s New in NetBackup 8.1.2
Using older versions? See what you may be missing.