It’s time to upgrade your backup solution
Complex infrastructures and the changing needs of IT require flexible and dynamic solutions that are not just built to last, but also built to change.
Isn’t it time for a backup and recovery solution that adapts to your environment, and that works with your budget? Then it’s time to take a look at Backup Exec 15—backup and recovery that is built for change and provides the flexibility to protect your entire environment while also delivering agile recovery.
- Single solution for virtual and physical systems
- Hybrid architectures to disk, tape, and cloud
- Powerful, flexible, and easy to use
Back up anything, restore anywhere
Minimize downtime and data loss
Now it's easier than ever to back up and restore your data, whenever and wherever you need it. With Backup Exec, you can back up your entire environment, including:
- Virtual environments running on VMware, Hyper-V, or Citrix
- Microsoft and Linux-based physical machines
- Critical applications and databases such as Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, Active Directory, Enterprise Vault, Oracle, and Lotus Domino
And store backups of your hybrid architecture to virtually any storage device, including:
- Dedupe storage
- Third-party appliance
- Hosted storage
- Public cloud, such as the Amazon Web Service (AWS) Gateway VTL
When it’s time to recover you can easily restore any of the following either to the original or to an alternate location:
- Entire server or virtual machine
- Entire applications and databases
- Granular files and folders
- Granular application objects
Backup and recovery that outperforms expectations
With Backup Exec you can meet critical backup windows, exceed recovery expectations, optimize your existing storage, and eliminate outdated and siloed backup and recovery complexity. Backup Exec intelligently indexes and catalogs backup data so you don’t waste valuable time and disk space mounting backup jobs, determining what’s inside, and searching for specific data.
Benefits of Backup Exec 15 include:
- Significantly faster Exchange deduplication and virtual machine backups.
- Up to 62 percent shorter backup times with LTO tape drives
- Optimized virtual machine protection through intelligent backup for VMware and Hyper-V virtual machines.
Licensing options for every need
Backup Exec gives you the ability to choose the right licensing model for your environment at a price point you can afford. Flexible licensing options include per TB with our capacity offerings that are scalable to accommodate data growth.
- Capacity Edition—Deploy an unlimited number of Backup Exec Media Servers, Agents and Options (Licensed per TB)
- Capacity Edition Lite—A more affordable solution for smaller customers that includes protection for Windows and Linux operating systems, VMware and Hyper-V virtual environments, Microsoft applications, Oracle, Lotus Domino, and Enterprise Vault (Licensed per TB)
- V-Ray Edition—Protects an unlimited number of guest machines per host including all of the applications and databases (Licensed per occupied processor socket on the virtual host)
- Traditional—Licensing per Backup Exec server with Agents and Options available based on need
Take backup beyond recovery
Experience a new level of flexibility
Backup Exec gives you the ability to capture data once in a single-pass backup and use that backup a number of different ways:
- Any recovery, including critical data, virtual machines, and applications
- Physical to virtual conversions, which can be used for migrations or instant recovery
- Disaster recovery, to the same hardware or dissimilar hardware
- Converged archiving
- Testing, development, or analytical purposes
Reduce cost and complexity
Lowering costs and simplifying backup tasks starts with deploying Backup Exec—a single solution designed for your entire infrastructure, regardless of platform: virtual, physical, or cloud. Backup Exec is also deeply integrated with VMware, Microsoft, and Linux platforms.
- Protect from one to thousands of servers and virtual machines all from the same user console for optimal performance and efficiency.
- Address VM sprawl by automatically identifying and protecting new VMs as they appear so you can be assured your VMs are protected from day one.
- Scales with you as your organization grows.
Ease of management with dashboard and wizards
Quickly track and monitor every backup and recovery job with one set of controls and dashboards. In a few simple clicks, you can set backup jobs, view backup status, and perform quick recoveries.
Rather than using complex policies, you can also simplify the implementation of backup protection with a visual workflow that lets you replicate data on-premise, off-site, or to the cloud.
Centralized management delivers:
- Scalable management of distributed sites
- Reduced time and resources needed to manage backup operations
Visibility with insight to take action
Backup Exec gives you visibility into your entire backup and recovery infrastructure so that you can take action when needed.
- Easily perform a granular search of backed-up data, including mailbox data by subject, Microsoft SQL databases by name, and SharePoint data by document name.
- Configure Backup Exec to intelligently browse the network and discover servers, VMs, and application data at risk.
Reclaim your nights and weekends
Spend less time doing backups
You have more important things to do during your nights and weekends than worry about backups, so we’ve made significant improvements in Backup Exec to help you meet critical backup windows and reduce overall backup administration time. Backups are much faster and easier to manage than ever before.
Backup Exec delivers highly optimized backups by executing post-processing tasks that don’t impact the backup window, such as log truncation, collection of metadata, and searchable catalogs. Our powerful, integrated technologies enable more frequent backups and rapid recovery across physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
Keep pace with data growth
Advanced data deduplication technology in Backup Exec helps you solve growing data challenges, regardless of how much your data changes. Backup Exec deduplicates across all virtual and physical backup jobs, eliminating the need for purchasing multiple solutions and managing separate storage silos.
In addition, administrators have the flexibility to choose when and where deduplication takes place, including at the client, media server, or an OST appliance.
- Minimize backup windows
- Decrease network traffic
- Reduce disk space required for storing backup data by up to 90%
Protect virtual environments with ease
Through integration with Microsoft® Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) and VMware’s vStorage APIs for Data Protection (VADP), you get reliable, consistent, application-aware backups for all your virtual machines.
Backup Exec 15 also includes advanced integration with vSphere 6: ESXi 6.0, vCenter 6.0, Virtual SAN 6, Virtual Volumes, and VMware EVO:RAIL.
With Backup Exec, virtual servers are protected primarily in one of two ways:
- Agentless, host-based protection, driven by integration with the hypervisor
- An agent-assisted method, by which host-level hypervisor backup is augmented with an agent in each virtual guest (This method enables multiple avenues of granular recovery, without additional processing time.)
You can also easily create standby virtual copies of your physical systems for disaster recovery in minutes, or for P2V migrations.
Save money with capacity licensing
Backup Exec customers with active maintenance as of April 6, 2015, can renew their maintenance at the capacity renewal price – a significant cost savings – with no additional license purchase required for migration to Capacity Edition or Capacity Edition Lite.*
Backup Exec customers with expired maintenance can migrate to the Capacity Edition or Capacity Edition Lite at 35% off license MSRP.**
Customers can migrate to 1 TB of capacity for each eligible Backup Exec license. Eligible products are as follows:
- Backup Exec Server
- Agent for Windows
- Agent for Applications and Databases
- Agent for VMware & Hyper-V
- Agent for Remote Media for Linux
- Agent for Linux
- Agent for Mac
- Library Expansion Option
- Enterprise Server Option
- Deduplication Option
- NDMP Option
- VTL Unlimited Drive Option
- File System Archiving Option
- Exchange Mailbox Archiving Option
- V-Ray Edition 2 to 6 cores
- V-Ray Edition 8 plus cores
- Small Business Edition
- Small Business Edition Agent for Windows
Please note: Offers not valid in all countries, please check with your local Veritas Partner for current regional Backup Exec offers. Veritas reserves the right to change offers at any time.
* Customers can choose between migrating to Capacity Edition or Capacity Edition Lite. In addition, you do not have to purchase the same amount of TBs as the eligible number of BE licenses you have. On the other hand, if you need more TBs than the amount of eligible BE licenses you have, you will need to purchase the remaining TBs at the standard price.
** 35% discount applies to software license, agents, and options MSRP only, and does not apply to support or maintenance. Additional essential support is required and will be included as part of any purchase. The 35% off discount is already factored into all pricing.
Three benefits of capacity licensing include:
- More features are available at a greater value.
- Licensing is scalable to easily accommodate data growth.
- Licensing is simpler and easier to manage.
Save up to 35% off Backup Exec
Backup Exec dramatically reduces the time to recover from small or major disasters by protecting all of your virtual machines and/or physical servers through a single pass backup, while still allowing for individual file, folder and granular object level recovery. Unlike other solutions, it provides powerful, flexible and easy to use backup and recovery in a single, unified solution.
Whether you’re an existing Backup Exec customer or new customer switching to Backup Exec to protect your virtual machines, physical servers or a combination of both, you can save up to 35% off MSRP when you upgrade to Backup Exec 15.
“I saw dozens of colleagues using other software that did the backup but for some reason was not able to do a restore. I did multiple disaster recoveries and never got in a situation where we could not do a restore. Backup Exec just worked.”
- Caroline Kiel, Founder and CEO PingUs Solutions GmbH & Co. KGVIEW MORE
“We’ve seen a 100 percent recovery success rate from Backup Exec, which we depend on for about four recoveries a month—mostly files and messages that employees have inadvertently deleted.”
- Steven Jaffe, Systems Manager Beta OffshoreVIEW MORE
“Backup Exec is able to answer all the challenges my clients have faced in backup, recovery, and data lifecycle management. Because of Backup Exec, I can do my job proficiently all the time.”
- Norman Coker, Senior Consultant Expert-Zone.NetVIEW MORE
“Migrating to Backup Exec software was painless. Even though the migration was combined with moving all the VMs to a new server cluster and upgrading to a 10-gigabit network, it was complete in two weeks.”
- Holger Gemassmer, CIO Bültel Bekleidungswerke GmbHVIEW MORE
“We were able to restore entire VMDK files in minutes—maybe 15 for the average server. Backup Exec really helped us out. It was incredible.”
- Randy Gillman, Manager, Information Technology Clarke Power Services, Inc.VIEW MORE
Learn more about Backup Exec
Looking for more information? See our library of data sheets, white papers or videos.
Trying to decide if this product fits your needs? Read system requirement details before installation.