“In the past nine months, we’ve had two projects where we migrated a customer from Veeam to Backup Exec after Veeam couldn’t recover data that it reported it had backed up.”PingUs Solutions GmbH & Co. KG
Be confident in your journey to Azure
Backup Exec supports your journey to the cloud. You choose the path that’s right for your organization. Public cloud connectors for Azure storage services let you write data directly to specific geos. Support for key hardware gateways accelerates your IT team’s agility with on-premises and hybrid options. Get business resilience with Azure infrastructure in-the-cloud and from-the-cloud data protection.
- Gain data visibility across all your data: virtual, physical, and cloud
- Optimize cloud storage costs while reducing data risks through greater visibility
- Simplify workload migration to and from Azure
- Leverage Azure as a disaster recovery target
- Unify data protection for on-premises and Azure-based workloads
Move data easily to Azure
- Optimize storage efficiency and ensure data compliance
- Balance storage costs and performance by using Azure for tiered data storage
- Mitigate regulatory risks by intelligently moving the right data to Azure at the right time
- Simplify your infrastructure with hybrid cloud storage solutions
Protect workloads in Azure
- Easily implement data protection for new and legacy workloads
- Migrate mission-critical applications to Azure to increase resilience and performance
- Extend data protection capabilities to all workloads: on-premises, virtual, and physical
- Ensure application and storage high availability across Azure geos and regions
Unify your data protection infrastructure
- Reduce data loss risk with a single management interface across physical, virtual and cloud
- Decrease reliance on point backup tools
- Easily implement world-class backup in a cloud infrastructure
Get Backup Exec on the Azure Marketplace
Simplify your cloud data protection implementation with easy deployment from the Azure Marketplace
Backup Exec is available today on the Azure Marketplace for rapid deployment of new backup nodes.
- Retain your backup workflows while deploying critical applications in Azure
- Know where all your data is: virtual, physical, and cloud data are visible through one interface
- Choose from standard license models available through Veritas resellers
- Use in-the-cloud data deduplication to optimize storage costs
Hybrid Cloud Ease-of-Operation
Smart data lifecycle policies and unlimited back-end storage in an easy-to-use combination
Backup Exec supports Microsoft StorSimple to ensure maximum cloud use and minimum administration overhead for any size organization or business.
- Easily migrate data to Azure cool blob storage with Backup Exec storage lifecycle policies that integrate with StorSimple
- Ensure data compliance with full support for Azure Government
- Get rapid, seamless backup and recovery
Designed for your Azure infrastructure
Use Azure blob storage to balance resilience and cost efficiency of your backup data
Write Backup Exec data directly to cost-effective, geo-specific Azure buckets, so you can keep track of which data resides where.
- Stage data to hot or cool storage tiers according to defined lifecycle policies
- Template policies for writing backup data directly to cloud or disk-to-cloud
- Write all source data – virtual, physical, or from another cloud – to Azure
- Ensure data compliance via full support for Azure Government
Backup that supports your cloud strategy
Leverage the same policies, processes, and interfaces to manage your cloud data
Backup Exec protects your data in Azure the same way as on-premises.
- Run Backup Exec in the cloud to protect applications running on Azure infrastructure
- Deduplicate backups to local block disk and use public cloud connectors for Azure access
- Reduce cloud availability risk by replicating backup data sets to your on-premises infrastructure
- Optimize costs with hot and cool storage support
“We’ve seen a 100% recovery success rate from Backup Exec, which we depend on for about four recoveries a month—mostly files and messages that employees have inadvertently deleted.”Steven Jaffe, Systems Manager, Beta Offshore
“We were able to restore entire VMDK files in minutes—maybe 15 for the average server. Backup Exec really helped us out. It was incredible.”Randy Gilman, Manager Information Technology, Clarke Power Services, Inc.
“Each of our subsidiaries was an island. Now we’ve connected those islands with technology bridges.”Holger Gemassmer, CIO, Bültel Bekleidungswerke GmbH
Backup Exec Resources
Looking for more information? See our library of data sheets, white papers or videos.
Backup Exec Requirements
Trying to decide if this product fits your needs? Read system requirement details before installation.
Backup Exec Agents and Options
Wondering how agents can help? Learn how agents can optimize for application or database workloads.
Why Backup Exec?
See how Backup Exec compares to the competition.