What's New in Backup Exec 16
It's not just backup. It's a more powerful, flexible, trusted business. Data protection that goes beyond backup and recovery. Veritas Backup Exec helps you migrate to cloud, gives you immediate protection for Windows Server 2016 and Hyper-V 2016, and enables time, cost and resource savings across your entire infrastructure. This means you can focus on what matters most: your business.
New features to improve IT productivity and simplify your life:
- Scale to Azure Cloud: read/write directly to hot and cool storage tiers
- Protection for the newest Microsoft deployments: Windows Server 2016 and Hyper-V 2016
- Virtualize with Confidence: fast backup and Instant Recovery for VMware and Hyper-V
- Simplified licensing enables powerful capabilities with a single entitlement
- Streamlined user interface improves workflow and efficiency
Backup and recovery you can trust
Veritas understands that data is critical to your business. Without access to it productivity declines, customers are let down, or – worse still – lost permanently. With Backup Exec you can be confident that the experience and expertise of delivering the market-leading mid-market backup and recovery product for over 30 years results in a solution that is trusted by over two million organizations in over two hundred countries around the world.
IT pros trust Backup Exec because:
- Simple licensing, management and upgrade means less time is spent ‘doing’ backup
- Commitment to new platform support within 60 days helps to leverage the latest technologies
- Users have performed over 800 million backups and more than 7 million restores
Confidently Protect Your Microsoft Cloud
A 2016 survey conducted by Spiceworks revealed that in the next three years, 78% of organizations will be making use of public cloud. Microsoft’s cloud-ready operating environment requires cloud-ready backup to protect every byte, regardless of where it is: virtual, physical or cloud. With powerful and flexible capabilities, Backup Exec 16 accompanies you on your journey to the cloud.
Backup Exec 16 delivers immediate support:
- Microsoft Cloud operating environment – Windows Server 2016, Hyper-V 2016 and Azure
- Data protection options for D2C, D2D2C and C2C
- Direct access to hot and cool Azure storage tiers
Leverage powerful, flexible protection in a single, unified interface that is trusted around the world to secure and manage virtual, physical and cloud platforms. Whether you are deploying the latest Windows operating system and hypervisor or migrating to Microsoft Azure, Backup Exec is the logical choice.
Backup to the future: A Spiceworks report
With more choices than ever of where to store and protect data, almost all organizations today rely on a patchwork of technology infrastructures.
In conjunction with Spiceworks, Veritas surveyed over 900 IT professionals on data protection trends across virtual, physical, and cloud platforms. Among the findings in the report:
- Backup of data and applications on physical systems still accounts for 47% of the market, but not for long.
- An estimated 10% of data will move to cloud-based systems in the next 3 years, but we’re not all taking the same route.
- Some are moving directly to the cloud, and while others are moving to virtual first.
“I saw dozens of colleagues using other software that did the backup but for some reason was not able to do a restore. I did multiple disaster recoveries and never got in a situation where we could not do a restore. Backup Exec just worked.”
- Caroline Kiel, Founder and CEO PingUs Solutions GmbH & Co. KGVIEW MORE
“We’ve seen a 100 percent recovery success rate from Backup Exec, which we depend on for about four recoveries a month—mostly files and messages that employees have inadvertently deleted.”
- Steven Jaffe, Systems Manager Beta OffshoreVIEW MORE
“Backup Exec is able to answer all the challenges my clients have faced in backup, recovery, and data lifecycle management. Because of Backup Exec, I can do my job proficiently all the time.”
- Norman Coker, Senior Consultant Expert-Zone.NetVIEW MORE
“Migrating to Backup Exec software was painless. Even though the migration was combined with moving all the VMs to a new server cluster and upgrading to a 10-gigabit network, it was complete in two weeks.”
- Holger Gemassmer, CIO Bültel Bekleidungswerke GmbHVIEW MORE
“We were able to restore entire VMDK files in minutes—maybe 15 for the average server. Backup Exec really helped us out. It was incredible.”
- Randy Gillman, Manager, Information Technology Clarke Power Services, Inc.VIEW MORE
Learn more about Backup Exec
Looking for more information? See our library of data sheets, white papers or videos.
Trying to decide if this product fits your needs? Read system requirement details before installation.