VCS-259: Administration of Veritas InfoScale Storage 7.2 for UNIX/Linux
Although each product varies in complexity and depth of technical knowledge, all certification exams target customers in an administrative role, cover core elements measuring technical knowledge against factors such as installation, configuration, deployment, management & administration, and basic troubleshooting.
This program consists of a technical exam at a product/version level that validates that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully administer Veritas InfoScale Storage 7.2 for UNIX/Linux
Passing this exam will result in a Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) certification and counts towards the requirements for a Veritas Certified Professional (VCP) certification in Storage Management and High Availability for UNIX.
# of Questions: 75 - 85
Exam Duration: 105 minutes
Passing Score: 69%
Exam Price: $225 USD (or your country’s currency equivalent)
- Veritas InfoScale Storage 7.2 for UNIX/Linux: Administration (ILT/VA)
- Veritas InfoScale Storage 7.2 for UNIX/Linux: Advanced Administration (ILT/VA)
Note: If you do not have prior experience with this product, it is recommended that you complete an in-person, classroom training or Virtual Academy virtual classroom training class in preparation for the VCS exam. Be cautioned that attendance in a training course does not guarantee passage of a certification exam.
Recommended preparation steps:
- Exam Preparation Guide (PDF): Download and review the guide to understand the scope of topics covered in the certification exam and how they map to the key lessons and topics in the associated training course(s).
- Attend recommended training classes listed above.
- Gain hands-on experience with the product. Six to twelve months experience working with InfoScale Storage and/or Veritas Storage Foundation for UNIX/Linux in a production or lab environment is recommended.
- Sample Exam (PDF): Test yourself and your exam-taking skills using the sample exam
In addition, you should be familiar with the following product documentation and websites:
Recommended hands-on experience (real world or virtual):
- Recommended knowledge of UNIX/Linux system and network administration.
- Recommended knowledge of storage virtualization and high availability concepts.
- Define the types, purpose, and benefits of storage virtualization.
- Identify the benefits of InfoScale Storage and Veritas InfoScale Operations Manager (VIOM).
- Describe the functionality of InfoScale Storage components and features.
- Identify VxVM / VxFS / virtual storage objects and volume layouts.
- Install and perform initial configuration of Veritas InfoScale Storage 7.1 for UNIX/Linux.
- Describe the InfoScale Storage user interfaces including Veritas InfoScale Operations Manager (VIOM).
- Configure and manage disks and disk groups.
- Configure and manage VxVM volumes.
- Create and administer VxFS file systems.
- Define and describe the benefits of performing volume and file systems snapshots.
- Define and describe the SmartIO feature.
- Describe the concept and components specific to replicated volumes and file systems.
- Describe how InfoScale Storage supports thin provisioning including, but not limited to the SmartMove feature.
- Install and configure Veritas InfoScale Operations Manager (VIOM).
- Perform basic troubleshooting of the above.
To register for an exam, follow these instructions.
Email Certification Team