Introducing Enterprise Vault 12
An archiving foundation for your Information Governance plan
With more features than any prior release, Enterprise Vault 12 will excite both new and existing customers looking to better control and manage what information is retained, while more efficiently supervising and searching the archive.
- Target what is most meaningful to your organization by classifying all archived content
- Re-classify existing archived information to help ensure your archived information matches your classification and retention policies
- Delete archived information, when expiry triggers, only if it meets your current retention policies
- Make supervisory review quicker, easier and more intelligent
Records management without demands
Simplify your approach to standardised records management
Veritas helps all organisations put policies in place that properly identify and retain content to meet regulatory and business requirements.
- Simplified definitions of records versus non-records help companies to clearly define what is to be retained and why
- Retain records for only as long as required to support business activities or organisational objectives
- Expire non-records quickly and efficiently
- Supervise and discover by record type for only relevant records to reduce regulatory and legal compliance burden
Proven archiving solutions
Automate long-term storage of information relevant to your organisation
Simplify and reduce the cost of information retention management and discovery with Enterprise Vault. Through highly customisable policies, scan applications and automatically migrate information to an archive to support regulatory, compliance or legal business requirements. Archiving provides significant storage predictability, helping organisations keep applications at predictable storage levels by reclaiming primary storage on-premises.
- Flexible on-premises, cloud or hybrid deployment options
- Mailbox and journal archiving for Microsoft® Office 365, Microsoft® Exchange, IBM Domino®
- Integrated discovery capabilities
- Support for Microsoft® SharePoint® archiving and on-premises file servers
- Partner ecosystem for other information sources, such as social media
Veritas is the only vendor to be recognised as a leader in the Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Information Archiving,” for 12 consecutive years.
Customer success: Clarke Power Services, Inc.
Using archiving to reclaim email storage
Clarke Power Services provides maintenance services for commercial vehicles across the United States. Using Veritas Enterprise Vault, this customer reclaimed more than 700 gigabytes of email storage space and took control of a growing problem with PST files. The archiving solution also helped boost productivity by reducing the amount of time employees spent on email quota management.
Maintain your Veritas archiving investment
Flexible archiving options as you migrate applications to the cloud
Moving from Exchange on-prem to Exchange Online as part of Office 365, and you have Enterprise Vault? Veritas Enterprise Vault.cloud, our 100% SaaS archiving solution, has the tools, services and partners to help facilitate a seamless transition. Consult your Veritas sales representative for details.
- Journal email from Exchange Online in the cloud directly to Enterprise Vault on premises using SMTP archiving
- Free your IT team from day-to-day archive administration with Managed Enterprise Vault
- Reduce capex by migrating from Enterprise Vault on-premises to Enterprise Vault in Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Leave the archiving to us! Combine Managed Enterprise Vault with EV 247 in Microsoft Azure
Simplify your search
Archived information: Ready when you need it
As an IT administrator, when you get a call to recover a lost email or file, what's the first thought that comes to mind? Is it "not another one" or something similar?
Archiving helps make your life easier by retaining your organisation's unstructured data, such as emails and files, in a central repository. Archived emails and files are not only available to support eDiscovery requests or internal investigations, but are also seamlessly available to users.
With Veritas archiving solutions, empower users to access their archived information when and where needed via robust searching capabilities.
Discovery for the archive
Speed up Discovery and simplify the review process with Enterprise Vault Discovery Accelerator
Available as part of the Archive Discovery suite, Veritas Enterprise Vault Discovery Accelerator helps reduce reliance on external sources of content for discovery of unstructured data.
Maintaining the business record, Enterprise Vault provides the authoritative source for email, Instant Messaging, Microsoft SharePoint, Social, File, and many other types of unstructured content for discovery purposes.
Scaling with your archive as you grow, Discovery Accelerator provides high-speed search and export of large data sets, helping answer virtually any request for content throughout its lifecycle.
Customers requiring search for information held outside the archive or capabilities such as notification workflow for legal holds or predictive coding, may additionally opt for the Veritas eDiscovery Platform to supplement the functionality provided by Discovery Accelerator.
- Search, preserve and initiate legal holds on archived data
- Enable case management with chain-of-custody tracking
- Simple, mail client-style review offers familiar interface and reduces burden on review staff
- High-speed export to native file system/message formats
Customer success: Whitestar Asset Solutions
Whitestar Asset Solutions is a financial services company based in Portugal. By using Veritas Enterprise Vault and Enterprise Vault Discovery Accelerator, Whitestar was able to reduce their storage needs by 70% and streamline their eDiscovery process.
Unstructured data compliance requirements
Both public and private organisations have growing obligations to one or more sets of data regulations.
General data retention regulations for public entities and private industries such as healthcare, pharmaceuticals, energy, transport, telecoms, manufacturing and others, mandate the preservation of records for specified periods of time
Additional requirements for employee supervision are dictated by the U.S. FINRA, Dodd-Frank or European Union regulations for organisations that trade financial instruments or commodity contracts require supervision of employee activity and communications
Many organisations need help managing the cost and complexity of staying in compliance.
Data compliance and supervision solutions
Veritas Enterprise Vault helps organizations easily automate policy-based classification and retention management for a broad range of compliance regulations. Through journal archiving, Enterprise Vault creates indexed, manageable records independent of the mail system. This enables you to implement a policy-based framework for retention and deletion, regardless of user behavior.
Veritas Enterprise Vault Compliance Accelerator automates role-based review of communications by appropriate supervisors, as required by industry regulations or internal mandates, while preserving a procedural audit trail.
Global data privacy rules are changing
Being prepared brings more benefits
Rules and regulations around how data is captured and used have increased dramatically. The European Union is overhauling its 1995 Data Protection Act with changes that could affect organisations in any global location. Taking proactive Information Governance steps now could improve your risk posture, lower your exposure to potential fines, and innovate your information management operations.
Archiving as a foundation for information governance
Leverage archiving to implement retention management as part of your Information Governance plans. Archiving helps you create automated policies to control retention and expiration, so information is retained for only its meaningful lifecycle, helping reduce business risk and exposure. Use classification where available to assign unique retention rules to information and store only what is required in the archive to help meet legal, regulatory or compliance requirements.
“Enterprise Vault is the easiest product to sell in the company. All our archived messages, files, and SharePoint documents are on a single storage shelf. We haven’t had to buy additional storage. Enterprise Vault paid for itself in less than a year.”
- Marco Toste, CTO Whitestar Asset SolutionsVIEW MORE
"Enterprise Vault is providing a 40 percent reduction in our email store, which is better than our prior archiving solution."
- Holger Gemassmer, CIO Bültel Bekleidungswerke GmbHVIEW MORE
"Enterprise Vault gives us much more powerful and comprehensive archiving compared to the native archiving of Microsoft Exchange Server 2010."
- Ricky Leung, IT Manager Hsin Chong Construction GroupVIEW MORE