"With System Recovery, recovering a server is a slam dunk. Before, recovery could take us up to eight hours. Now we can recover a server in as little as 30 minutes."Brian Tirado, Senior Technical Advisor and Support Team Manager, Occidental Technical Group
Disaster recovery for virtual machines, servers and laptops
Ensuring rapid, reliable disaster recovery across your entire infrastructure can be complicated and costly. With Veritas System Recovery, you can minimise downtime and avoid the impact of disaster by easily recovering in minutes, whether you're restoring a single file or email to an entire machine—physical or virtual.
- Reduce complexity with a single solution that protects servers, laptops and virtual machines
- Protect data and systems quickly, efficiently and frequently with image-based backup
- Minimise the disruption of system failure with fast, flexible, reliable recovery
Leverage a simple solution
Easily protect and recover business-critical assets
- Use one interface to protect laptops, servers and virtual machines
- Run a single backup job to protect a whole machine, including the system, data and applications
- Restore granular objects direct from the storage device
Get efficient protection
Protect quickly, frequently and effectively
- Minimise storage consumption by protecting only those data blocks that have changed
- Benefit from rapid performance with image-based backup
- Achieve quick, automated restore, direct to the data source
Enable reliable recovery
Ensure recovery, whatever your choice of hardware
- Get trusted bare metal restore to the same or different hardware
- Recover individual Exchange emails, SharePoint documents, files and folders or whole machines
- Automatically duplicate backup data to the cloud or a second site for additional resilience
New in Veritas System Recovery 16
Enhanced with support for the latest Microsoft platforms
With Veritas System Recovery, you can confidently recover the latest offerings from Microsoft, including Windows Server 2016 and SQL 2016.
- Get support for Windows Server 2016, including ReFS and UEFI, with all System Recovery features
- Add parity support for Microsoft SQL Server 2016
- Gain full support for Microsoft SharePoint 2016
- Enjoy support for VMware vSphere 6.0
- Leverage incremental backup support for Linux
Recover from disaster fast
Get back in production in minutes, not hours or days
Now you can dramatically reduce the time it takes to bring systems back into production. With System Recovery, you can boot direct from a running or cold system and restore the entire system, physical or virtual, Windows or Linux, as fast as your disk storage can read and write.
- Run hot or cold recovery
- Experience high performance, limited only by your hardware
- Get support for Windows Server and laptop operating systems
Ease the transition from physical to virtual
Automatically migrate to VMware and Hyper-V
With Veritas System Recovery, you can easily convert physical machine images to virtual file formats on a schedule or in real time. Plus you can automatically upload virtual machine images to the virtual infrastructure.
- Automate the process of converting physical to virtual for disaster recovery or permanent use
- Use the conversion process for testing prior to deployment
- Deploy virtual machine images to physical servers
Protect against site outages
Automate protection to another site or cloud storage
Veritas System Recovery stores an offsite copy of recovery points that enables protection against site outages and operates as a background process. You can also duplicate existing or current backup jobs to gain great flexibility.
- Get duplicate recovery points on up to two additional sites or devices
- Gain support for Amazon Web Services, USB, NAS/SAN and FTP storage
- Reduce the resources needed to complete recovery by leveraging a background process
Leverage cloud storage for disaster recovery
Easily integrate with Amazon Web Services
Don't be limited by storage constraints when you can integrate Veritas System Recovery with Amazon Web Services. This lets you send the copy of recovery points to S3 storage in addition to local and private storage, enhancing your options for protecting against outages and failure.
- Encrypt recovery points on creation, before sending them to cloud storage
- Use cloud storage to supplement secondary storage locations and devices
- Recover easily via the Internet using your Amazon account, key and bucket details
Gain flexibility in replacement hardware choice
Make dissimilar hardware restore standard
Want to eliminate the need to replace hardware like-for-like at a system, storage or component level? With Veritas System Recovery, dissimilar hardware restore runs as an automated process using existing recovery points.
- Practice bare metal restore to different hardware
- Seamlessly handle driver and component updates within the restore process
- Eliminate the need to prepare in advance to move to different hardware
"The beauty of System Recovery Desktop Edition is that I don't have to think about what settings we had on the computer—it's a total hard drive image. We can recover critical machines in 40 minutes or less. It's a great insurance policy."Glyn Peatey, IT Manager, Maryborough Sugar Factory Ltd.
System Recovery Resources
Looking for more information? See our library of data sheets, white papers and videos.
System Recovery Requirements
Trying to decide if this product fits your needs?
System Recovery Technical Brief
Understand the technical updates in System Recovery 16.