Key Features in 21.1 - GA Release: September 7, 2020
Support for SQL Server Always On—Backup Exec now supports protecting SQL databases using SQL Server Always On availability groups, simplifying the overall backup and restore experience for SQL Server 2012 and later.
Cloud-Based File Share Protection—Backup Exec now supports protecting cloud-based file shares: Amazon FSx for Windows and Azure files. Keep a copy of your data safe from ransomware and unify your data protection experience across workloads.
New Platform Support:
- Latest Windows Server (version 2004)
- Latest Windows 10 (version 2004)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.0 and 8.1
- vSphere 7.0
- SharePoint 2019 (with GRT)
- Oracle 18C
- Google—Salt Lake City and Las Vegas
- Amazon—Cape Town and Milan
Enhanced Security—Backup Exec now uses an enhanced key generation algorithm: Password-Based Key Derivation Function 2 (PBKDF2).
For more details on these and other enhancements, read the release notes.