Key Features in 20.0 – GA Release: November 7, 2017
- Subscription-based Licensing - Now available in three editions: Backup Exec Bronze, Silver and Gold. Each edition includes a specific set of features and are priced on a per-terabyte basis.
- Support for SQL Server 2017 - Backup Exec now protects SQL Server 2017. You can also host the Backup Exec database on SQL Server 2017.
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) support - Backup Exec can be installed for data protection in an environment configured to use TLS 1.2 to comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) 3.1/3.2 requirements.
- Veritas Update replaces LiveUpdate - LiveUpdate has been replaced with Veritas Update to provide seamless updates for Backup Exec.
- Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace - Incredibly easy to deploy, maintain and operate Backup Exec servers to protect AWS workloads.
Backup Exec (20.0) Readme – Learn more about the details for all features included in this release.