VCS-276: Administration of Veritas NetBackup 8.0
Although each product varies in complexity and depth of technical knowledge, all certification exams target customers in an administrative role, cover core elements measuring technical knowledge against factors such as configuration, product administration, day-to-day monitoring, maintenance, and basic troubleshooting (diagnosis and/or repair).
This program consists of technical exams at a product/version level that validate that the successful candidate has knowledge and skills necessary to configure and maintain NetBackup version 8.0.
Passing this exam will result in a Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) certification and counts towards the requirements for a Veritas Certified Professional (VCP) certification in Data Protection.
# of Questions: 65 - 75
Exam Duration: 90 minutes
Passing Score: 68%
Exam Price: $225 USD (or your country’s currency equivalent)
- Veritas NetBackup 8.0: Administration
- Veritas NetBackup 8.0: Advanced Administration
Note: If you do not have prior experience with this product, it is recommended that you complete an in-person, classroom training or Virtual Academy virtual classroom training class in preparation for the VCS exam. Be cautioned that attendance in a training course does not guarantee passage of a certification exam.
Recommended preparation steps:
- Exam Preparation Guide (PDF): Download and review the guide to understand the scope of topics covered in the certification exam and how they map to the key lessons and topics in the associated training course(s).
- Attend recommended training classes listed above.
- Gain hands-on experience with the product. Nine months experience administering NetBackup 8.0 or working in Technical Support is recommended.
- Sample Exam (PDF): Test yourself and your exam-taking skills using the sample exam.
In addition, you should be familiar with the following product documentation and websites:
Recommended hands-on experience (real world or virtual):
- Describe basic NetBackup architecture
- Describe the functionality of NetBackup product features, options, transport modes, and advanced file system backup methods (e.g., Bare Metal Restore (BMR), NetBackup Vault, Enterprise Client, SAN Client, Cloud, OpsCenter, Database agents, virtual machine protection, Media Server and client-side Deduplication, OST, NetBackup Accelerator, Storage Lifecycle Policies, Replication Director, and NetBackup Access Control)
- Configure core components of NetBackup including devices, storage units, Storage Lifecycle Policies, volumes, and volume pools using the NetBackup Administration Console
- Configure storage servers and disk pools including media server and client-side deduplication
- Configure backup policy attributes, schedules, clients, and backup selection lists
- Run and monitor backups, duplications and restores
- Monitor daily activity and availability of the NetBackup environment by analyzing reports and reviewing activity logs
- Verify tape drive operation and maintain media rotation and availability
- Manage and maintain disk storage devices
- Troubleshoot or diagnose basic NetBackup issues
- Access and install NetBackup release updates
- Access NetBackup documentation and the online Knowledge Base
- Configure a backup of the NetBackup catalog
- Modify basic NetBackup behavior using host properties (e.g., jobs per client, general attributes, media overwrite)
To register for an exam, follow these instructions.
Email Certification Team