VCS-257: Administration of Veritas InfoScale Storage 7.1 for UNIX/Linux
Although each product varies in complexity and depth of technical knowledge, the certification exams target end-users and cover core elements measuring technical knowledge against factors such as installation, configuration, deployment, management & administration, and basic troubleshooting.
This program consists of a technical exam at a product/version level that validates that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully administer Veritas InfoScale Storage 7.1 for UNIX/Linux
Passing this exam will result in a Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) certification and counts towards the requirements for a Veritas Certified Professional (VCP) certification in Storage Management and High Availability for UNIX.
# of Questions: 80 - 90
Exam Duration: 120 minutes
Passing Score: 69%
Exam Price: $225 USD (or your country’s currency equivalent)
Veritas InfoScale Storage 7.1 for UNIX /Linux: Administration
Note: If you do not have prior experience with this product, it is recommended that you complete an in-person, classroom training or Virtual Academy virtual classroom training class in preparation for the VCS exam. Be cautioned that attendance in a training course does not guarantee passage of a certification exam.
Recommended preparation steps:
- Exam Objectives (PDF): Download and review exam objectives to understand the scope of topics covered in the certification exam.
- Attend recommended training classes listed above.
- Study Guide (PDF): Review the study guide, which maps key lessons and topics from the associated training course(s) to the exam objectives of the certification exam.
- Gain hands-on experience with the product. Six to twelve months experience working with Veritas InfoScale Storage 7.x for UNIX/Linux and Veritas Storage Foundation in a production or lab environment is recommended.
- Sample Exam (PDF): Test yourself and your exam-taking skills using the sample exam.
In addition, you should be familiar with the following supporting products, skills, technologies, product documentation, and websites:
Recommended hands-on experience (real world or virtual):
- Define the types, purpose, and benefits of storage virtualization.
- Identify the benefits of Veritas InfoScale Storage 7.1 for UNIX/Linux and Veritas InfoScale Operations Manager (VIOM).
- Describe the functionality of Veritas InfoScale Storage 7.1 components and features.
- Identify VxVM / VxFS / virtual storage objects and volume layouts.
- Install and perform initial configuration of Veritas InfoScale Storage 7.1 for UNIX/Linux.
- Describe the Veritas InfoScale Storage 7.1 user interfaces including Veritas InfoScale Operations Manager.
- Configure and manage disks and disk groups.
- Configure and manage VxVM volumes.
- Create and administer VxFS file systems.
- Define and describe the benefits of performing volume and file systems snapshots.
- Define and describe the SmartIO feature.
- Describe the concept and components specific to replicated volumes and file systems.
- Describe how Veritas InfoScale Storage 7.1 supports thin provisioning including, but not limited to the SmartMove feature.
- Install and configure Veritas InfoScale Operations Manager (VIOM).
- Perform basic troubleshooting of the above.
To register for an exam, follow these instructions.
Email Certification Team