VCS-310: Administration of Veritas Enterprise Vault 10.0 for Exchange
Although each product varies in complexity and depth, all certification exams are created specifically for customers and cover core elements measuring technical knowledge and competency against factors such as installation, configuration, product administration, day-to-day maintenance, and basic troubleshooting.
This program consists of a technical exam at a product/version level that validates that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully administer Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.0 for Exchange.
Passing this exam will result in a Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) certification.
# of Questions: 60 - 70
Exam Duration: 105 minutes
Passing Score: 60%
Exam Price: $225 USD (or your country’s currency equivalent)
- Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.0 for Exchange: Administration
- Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.0: Installation
Find available Instructor-Led Training (ILT) or Virtual Academy (VA) classes or visit the online eLibrary for self-paced training.
Note: If you do not have prior experience with this product, it is recommended that you complete an in-person, classroom training or Virtual Academy virtual classroom training class in preparation for the VCS exam. If you have experience with this product, you may find an online course equivalent to be sufficient. Be cautioned that attendance in a training course does not guarantee passage of a certification exam.
Below includes the recommended preparation to achieve this level of expertise.
- Exam Objectives (PDF)
- Sample Exam (PDF)
- The study guide is targeted for those who have attended the recommended 5 day training course. This self-study guide summarizes the key lessons and topics in the corresponding certification exam.
- Recommended 3-6 months experience working with Symantec Backup Exec and 3 months experience working with Symantec Backup Exec 2014 in a production or lab environment.
- Recommended minimum 6 months field experience working with Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.0 for Exchange
Ability to perform administrative tasks for the following:
- Microsoft Windows Server administration and maintenance
- Microsoft Exchange 2007 and 2010
- Microsoft Exchange/Outlook including PST (Personal Storage)/OWA (Outlook Web Access/App) administration and maintenance
- Microsoft network administration and maintenance
- Microsoft SQL database administration and maintenance
- Microsoft Active Directory administration and maintenance
- Enterprise Vault supported storage or Storage configurations or Network storage concepts
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Microsoft Exchange Journaling
- Microsoft Exchange Public Folder
- Microsoft Exchange Managed Folder
- Standard backup and availability concepts
To register for an exam, follow these instructions.
Email Certification Team