Advanced Supervision User Guide
- Introducing Veritas Advanced Supervision
- Getting started
- Working with dashboard widgets
- Managing departments
- Managing department users
- Managing department searches
- Managing department-specific hotwords sets
- Managing department-specific trash rules
- Managing department-specific whitelist rules
- Viewing employees associated with departments
- Managing application-level users, roles, and permissions
- Managing application-specific hotwords sets
- Managing application-specific trash rules
- Managing application-specific whitelist rules
- Managing search schedules
- Managing export operations
- Managing reviews
- Working with reports
About reviewing with Advanced Supervision
After performing appropriate searches and gathering the potentially relevant items, reviewers can assess the search results for violations. These reviewers can read each item, keep it pending for review, question, escalate, appraise the items, and add a comment when necessary. Items can be reviewed more than once, and other reviewers can add more comments and change the previously assigned pending, question, escalation, and appraisal review status.
Advanced Supervision has several predefined reviewing roles, such as escalation reviewer, exception reviewer, and so on. These roles have the following characteristics:
All roles except the passive reviewer role permit a user to assign the pending, question, escalation, and appraisal status to items.
Passive reviewers can view items and review history, but they cannot assign or change review status. However, passive reviewers can assign appraisal status to the items that other users have reviewed.
Exception reviewers can view the items of their assigned exception employees only.
Escalation reviewers can receive items that other reviewers in the department have escalated to a higher authority for further review.
All the exception reviewers and escalation reviewers assigned to the departments can assess the review status and comments that reviewers have applied and add appraisal status and comments.