Veritas NetBackup for Microsoft Azure Stack Administrator's Guide
- Installing and deploying Microsoft Azure Stack plug-in for NetBackup
- Configuring NetBackup and Microsoft Azure Stack
- Managing backup hosts
- Configuring the Microsoft Azure plug-in using the azurestack.conf configuration file
- Creating a file that contains Microsoft Azure Stack credentials
- Performing backups and restores of Microsoft Azure Stack
- About the restore scenarios for Microsoft Azure Stack VMs from the BAR interface
About backing up Microsoft Azure virtual machines
You can either schedule a backup job or run a backup job manually. See, NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I
For overview of the backup process, See Backing up Microsoft Azure Stack VMs.
The backup process comprises of the following stages:
Pre-processing: In the pre-processing stage, the first backup host that you have configured with the BigData policy, triggers the discovery. At this stage, the VMs and associated metadata is discovered for backup.
Data transfer: During the data transfer process, one child job is created for each backup host.