Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Managing users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing applications and upgrade packages in the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Monitoring the appliance
- About AutoSupport and Call Home
- Monitoring the hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
Establishing trust with a NetBackup 7.7.3 master server instance
To establish a trust relationship between a NetBackup 7.7.3 master server instance and a NetBackup 8.1 or later master server, you must perform the following steps.
To establish trust with a NetBackup 7.7.3 master server instance
- Log in to the instance as the appadmin user and use the following command to enable the root account and set the password:
The root account is a restricted user account that can put the system at risk. It should only be enabled during configuration procedures or under the direct supervision of Veritas Technical Support.
- Establish trust between the source and the target domains. Use the root account to add the 7.7.3 instance as a trusted master server. Refer to the NetBackup documentation for specific instructions.
- Run the following command on the instance to disable the root account:
sudo passwd -l root