Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Managing users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing applications and upgrade packages in the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Monitoring the appliance
- About AutoSupport and Call Home
- Monitoring the hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
Viewing instance performance metrics
You can view live performance metrics of all of the instances on your appliance from the show command view in the Flex Appliance Shell.
To view instance performance metrics
- Log in to the Flex Appliance Shell on the node that you want to view performance metrics for.
- Enter the following command:
show instance performance
The following information displays for each of the instances on the node, including the Flex Appliance infrastructure instances:
CID: An instance identifier
CPU: The CPU usage of the instance
MEM: The memory usage of the instance
NET RX/TX: The amount of data that is being transmitted and received
IO R/W: The amount of data that is being read from and written to the instance storage disk(s)
PIDS: The total number of processes that are running on the instance
- When you are done reviewing the information, enter q to return to the main Flex Appliance Shell view.
Do not stop an instance from the instance performance view of the Flex Appliance Shell. Stopping an instance from this view can cause an appliance failure. If you want to stop an instance, use the Application instances section of the Flex Appliance Console. See Managing application instances.