Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Managing users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing applications and upgrade packages in the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Monitoring the appliance
- About AutoSupport and Call Home
- Monitoring the hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
Monitoring the hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
Use the Flex Appliance Shell to obtain information about hardware components. This interface provides tab-completed items to monitor your Flex appliance.
For information about accessing and using the Flex Appliance Shell, see the following topic:
Before you configure the appliance and your network the system command is available to provide hardware monitoring information.
The following section describes the additional commands that are available after configuration is complete.
To access the shell
- Log in to one compute node using the following default credentials or use the unique credentials that you set during the initial configuration.
User name: hostadmin
The system commands include the following options.
Re-enable or override the Intrusion Prevention policy
Show hardware health
Run the system diagnostics test
Restart the system
Reset system to factory defaults
Delete existing storage data and configurations
Perform an upgrade
Show appliance hardware errors
- Enter system and press tab to obtain further options.
- Use one of the following strings. Enter all or a specific component where indicated.
system hardware-health node node_component=<component>
system hardware-health primaryshelf primaryshelf_component=<component>
The parameter primaryshelf_component is required.
system hardware-health expansionshelf expansionshelf_component=<component> shelf_id=<shelf number, starting from 1>
The parameter shelf_id is required.
Refer to the following sections for monitoring information about compute node and storage shelf components.