Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Managing users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing applications and upgrade packages in the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Monitoring the appliance
- About AutoSupport and Call Home
- Monitoring the hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
Configuring a network interface
Before you can create an instance, you must configure a network interface.
To configure a network interface
- From the Flex Appliance Console Home page, click Settings > Network.
It may take a few minutes to load.
- Do one of the following to enter network information:
The network information that you enter here is used to populate the network information fields when you create a new instance.
If you want to use VLAN tagging, select the check box next to the name of the network interface, click VLAN Tag, and then enter the VLAN ID, subnet mask, and default gateway.
If you have more than one node, you must set the VLAN tag for each node.
If you do not want to use VLAN tagging, click the name of the network interface, and then enter the subnet and gateway.
Use CIDR format for the subnet and gateway.
- Click OK.